Scr3: Crash on "Updating <<style name here>> style in all documents"

Je
Jezpakani
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 pm Post

After making changes to a style the application consistently crashes while attempting to reflect those changes throughout the document. The progress bar actually never moves to indicate any progress.

ha
harveyk

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 am Post

I am also having this problem on my iMac on High Sierra

Redefining a style in my document brings up a tab that says: Updating "LMS Heading" style i, all documents... and a task update bar that never moves and Scrivener is frozen requiring a force quit.\

Hope you can sort this, thanks.

Harvey

KB
Site Admin

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 pm Post

Please zip up and send your project to mac.support AT literatureandlatte.com so that we can investigate the problem (I cannot reproduce the problem in any of my own or test projects).

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

vg
vgorczeski

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:22 pm Post

I'm also having this very same problem. I select or just leave the cursos within a word (in this case, a Heading 1 word or sentence), change the font size etc., click on format > style > redefine style from selection > heading 1 -- and then the bar pops up and freezes forever, until Scrivener finally crashes. It did it 5 times now...

KB
Site Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:23 pm Post

I fixed the original bug that was reported, so I would be grateful if you could project exact step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."