Word Count in Session Target Still not working properly

wl
wlloydw
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:14 am

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm Post

For the last tree writing sessions the session target word count has not reset at the start of a new day.
This happens randomly for a day or two and then resets. Bug somewhere. Screen shots attached.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.15.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.15.01 AM.png (51.32 KiB) Viewed 749 times


Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png (25.77 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Tr
Traci
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:24 am
Platform: Mac

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm Post

Do you have Scrivener for IOS as well and sync it regularly?

I've found that this happens if I open the IOS version of my file from the previous day before the Mac one. Afterwards as soon as I open the Mac one the wordcount seems to be carried over from the day before and not reset. If I open the Mac one first there doesn't seem to be an issue.

wl
wlloydw
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:14 am

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm Post

Both Mac and iOS are set to sync on open and close.

I never open one without closing the other first.

I often open iOS in the evening after mid night when an idea occurs, that’s its main purpose for me. Mobile adds and updates when away from Mac.

Traci that may well be the issue. Now Keith can focus his bug search. Thanks.

The word count should reset at start of each new day.

There is still a bug somewhere. Thanks.

sb
sbarba
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:40 am
Platform: Mac

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:46 am Post

HI there

I'm not very tech savvy, so although I have read some of the posts on this subject I am a little in the dark about the difference between IOS files and Mac files.

My project target feature was working magnificently, up until today, when it has remained doggedly at 0. I am very keen to get it working again as it is a great incentive in maintaining my daily writing schedule.

I have started and re-started my MacBook Air several times, to no avail. The only thing that stands out today is that I attempted to sync my iPad Air to my MacBook Air (without success)... I never got a chance to even start the sync in iTunes. :shock:

Any idiot proof advice would be greatly appreciated, please! :D

Many thanks.

Kind regards
Sharon

sb
sbarba
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:40 am
Platform: Mac

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:38 pm Post

Sorry - should probably have created a new thread for my query, but just to close this off, and in case it helps anyone, I have stumbled upon the solution in my particular case.

The problem related to one folder which I had created, then inadvertently moved to a Research folder. When I moved it back, it appears to have been no longer operational in terms of Project Targets etc. I discovered that today when trying to compile. The other folders in the group compiled, but this one did not. I created a new folder, pasted the content from the defunct folder into it, and my targets began working again.