Record Audio Notes: has it been removed?

lo
lometogo
Platform: Mac

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am Post

I can't find the facility to record an audio note.

In S2, the drill was: Project ⌘ New Media File ⌘ New Audio Note.

But it's not there, nor could I find anything in the new S3 manual.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:03 pm Post

The framework for that was removed (v2 was using a deprecated system) in macOS, so it is no longer a simple matter to provide this feature. You can open QuickTime and use the File/New Audio Recording command, and once you’ve done that, drag the icon from the player’s header bar into your binder to import it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

lo
lometogo

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 pm Post

AmberV wrote:The framework for that was removed (v2 was using a deprecated system) in macOS, so it is no longer a simple matter to provide this feature. You can open QuickTime and use the File/New Audio Recording command, and once you’ve done that, drag the icon from the player’s header bar into your binder to import it.

Wow, hate to see that lovely feature go, but QT seems like an ok workaround. The only problem: I don't believe I can now pull the recording into a Draft item as I could before.

Is there a way to do so?

AmberV

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm Post

I'm not sure how you were doing that before. Version 2 throws an error if you try to save a recording into the Draft folder, and rightly so---that isn't a limitation of the recording tool or import mechanisms, but based on the simple fact that a bare audio file floating around in the middle of a text document doesn't make sense.
Ioa Petra'ka

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm Post

AmberV wrote: based on the simple fact that a bare audio file floating around in the middle of a text document doesn't make sense.

I don't think you have spent enough time with me or vic-k to say that for absolute certainty.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

AmberV

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 pm Post

I will grant that the fabric of reality does loosen considerably with you two around.
Ioa Petra'ka

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 pm Post

It was an old loom and Mother Nature had a hangover that morning. You can blame her for a few loose threads that result from our existence.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

lo
lometogo

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:11 am Post

AmberV wrote:I'm not sure how you were doing that before. Version 2 throws an error if you try to save a recording into the Draft folder, and rightly so---that isn't a limitation of the recording tool or import mechanisms, but based on the simple fact that a bare audio file floating around in the middle of a text document doesn't make sense.

You may be right; I may be wrong. It happened once before, back in 1963.

Thanks for your help.