Copyholder not working as manual indicates

lo
lometogo
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm Post

I'm experiencing erratic behavior when I attempt to load a copyholder. If I use the OPT key and drag a binder file to the active window's header, I get one of at least two results
1. The file I am dragging opens up in the main editor ONLY
2. The file opens up in both the editor window and the copyholder

I love the idea of the copyholder, but it appears to be very buggy and erratic. Does anyone else experience these problems?

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:13 pm Post

Only hold down the Option key while dropping not the header bar, *not* when you start dragging. macOS has a feature whereby if you hold down Option while dragging from an outline, the outline receives the focus and the dragged item gets selected, which in Scrivener will cause that document to be opened in the editor. So the Option key should only be held down as you drop, not as you start the drag. (I'm implementing a slight improvement to this for the next update.)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

lo
lometogo

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:27 pm Post

KB wrote:Only hold down the Option key while dropping not the header bar, *not* when you start dragging. macOS has a feature whereby if you hold down Option while dragging from an outline, the outline receives the focus and the dragged item gets selected, which in Scrivener will cause that document to be opened in the editor. So the Option key should only be held down as you drop, not as you start the drag. (I'm implementing a slight improvement to this for the next update.)

Thanks, KB

lo
lometogo

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm Post

LB, your works erratically. I also often am unable to close the copyholder by choosing the X in corner.