I merrily did the upgrade to version 3 and then started Dragon. It started off slow and I restarted the computer. It speeded up, but it started to create garbage at the end of every sentence usually a single letter. Editing is worse than usual. I use dragon on Scrivener for 6-10 hours daily at present as I am writing a book. Dragon has been improving but the same errors are not present in Word or Pages. It got so bad I am using Word for the time being. I would like to know if others have the same problem. I restarted my machine, I shut Dragon down and restarted but no go. On Version 2 Dragon was greatly improved. It is much worse on 3 where it is wasting excessive time. I like the new look and feel however.
I've noticed this effect on quite a different app, TextWrangler. Word and Pages both have built their own text engines, but Scrivener (and likely TextWrangler) use Apple's Textkit. Likely this is a conflict between Textkit and Dragon.
For use with Scrivener, I primarily use Dragon in transcription mode. That seems unaffected. I suspect the place we need to go is Dragon tech support.
So you know where I'm coming from: • I'm a user, not an L&L employee. • Mac Scrivener 2.9 & 3.0.0, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) • iOS Scrivener 1.1.4, iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iOS 11.2
I tried them first thanks and am yet to hear the sorry tale. I have little faith. I have a sore neck and use Dragon a lot. It was fine but on Scrivener 3 is a mess. The issue is between Scrivener and Dragon I suspect. They need to talk.