Scrivener 3 Themes

ml
mlondon
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:04 pm Post

AmberV wrote: There is a whole board for feature requests. Thank you!

Hi Amber, I visited the thread for those requesting a Dark/Night MODE. That idea was shot-down by KB and you directed another user to this thread about Themes, hence my posting here requesting a THEME, not necessarily from LL.

I can see I am very much not alone in this request. Grateful if someone can help create a suitable theme.

Seems that if someone at LL made such a Theme and shared it here and in the other threads requesting an actual MODE, that would satisfy your customers (many of whom, like myself, have been paying customers since you launched your software).

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm Post

Sorry for the misunderstanding; part of my confusion originated from there already being a dark mode theme posted earlier by derick. I haven’t tried it out myself though.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ml
mlondon
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 pm Post

AmberV wrote: there already being a dark mode theme posted earlier by derick. I haven’t tried it out myself though.

That theme only changes the Binder.

Again, seeing as there will not be any forthcoming Dark/Night MODE from LL, if someone at LL were to create a THEME which could satisfy those who need some kind of solution, it would be very welcome. Thank you.

BTW, the Manage dropdown in Scrivener>Preferences allows us to ADD themes, but there is no apparent way to REMOVE them. Please advise.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm Post

I’m probably not the right person to do so. I’ve never really seen the point of making one window dark—if I need to rest my eyes I invert the whole screen. But mainly I don’t consider the Scrivener window capable of properly achieving “night” status all by itself. There are too many elements that cannot be modified, where the only recourse is to fully remove them or avoid ever using certain features like the inspector or toolbars. I can’t imagine using Scrivener without the inspector—hence why I think inverting the screen so that all software and all elements within them is darkened is a better solution.

To remove a theme use the Scrivener/Reveal Support Folder in Finder menu command and delete the file from the PreferencePresets subfolder. I’ll add a tip for this to the index post for this thread.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles