Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 81
di
diggertoo

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm Post

Couldn't remember it for the first post but KeyCue is another program which lists keyboard shortcuts across most apps. It's shareware but very powerful and also a good learning tool.

http://www.ergonis.com/products/keycue/

bj
bjelkeman
Platform: Mac

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 pm Post

Something which may be useful in this context would be to show how to create new shortcuts for Scrivener.

Apple has some helpful documentation online on the subject.

But there are some things which are not said explicitly there. For example, a sub-menu will work as well, as long as there is no other sub-menu in the application which has the same name. If you need a menu which ends with three periods... , i.e. an elipsis, then you often need to use option-semicolon for the elipsis otherwise the short cut will not work.

I use subscript and superscript a lot, so I created one which looks as follows.

To see a bigger picture, click this.

It would be nice with the ability to set back to "Use Default" for the baseline, but then we would need the menu item to have a unique name. As it is now the Ligature menu (and others) have a menu called "Use Default", so you can't use that. If the menu instead was called "Use Baseline Default" then we could set it. (But that I suppose is a feature request which should be entered on the Wishlist. :) )

KB
Site Admin

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 pm Post

I could edit those menu titles. "Use None" would need addressing too. "Use No Baseline" and "Use Default Baseline" are fine, but what's the best way of describing the default or none for ligatures and kerning?

"Use Default Kerning" / "No Kerning"?

"Use Default Ligatures" / "Use No Ligatures" / "Use All Ligatures"?

Is that the correct way to phrase these?
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

am
ampalecek

Sat May 30, 2015 3:24 am Post

Keystroke shortcuts for Scrivener 2 are available in the Knowledge Base:

https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/mac-os-x/keyboard-shortcuts

yosimiti

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:17 pm Post

Could someone post up the shortcuts you can use on Scrivener for iOS? I think that would be better, as you can't use a mouse, and hence have to heavily rely on shortcuts, much more than you would on a desktop app.

yosimiti

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:22 pm Post