Total votes: 81
mc
mckenzie moss

Tue May 27, 2008 6:12 pm Post

Thx 4 shrt cuts--great help.

peterdcox
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:25 am Post

After using SC for ages I find this ... just shows ...

A suggestion concerning layout. At present the list makes five pages - one too many to print two up/back to back on A4 to make a single sheet for lamination (protecting from coffee stains, telephone notes and dog teeth). Could I suggest that with a little bit of revision of the graphics at the top of the first page it would all fit on four pages then I'd be really, really happy!!!

Wock

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:55 pm Post

The next Guide will be SIx Pages actually. (3 front and back)

The last page will be an "All in One" list so if you want a single laminated sheet for quick reference it is all right there.

Like this (see attached)
SCR-1_11-KSB.pdf
All in one page
(103.15 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

If that makes any sense?
:-)
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

peterdcox

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 pm Post

What can I say? Brill. Cool bananas. Perfickt.
Peter D Cox
Management and development consultant, Mac advocate, Welsh learner, and long-time but intermittent blogger. Broadcaster and author of stuff http://www.pdconair.com

Wock

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:21 pm Post

:-)

we aim to please.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:00 am Post

Wock wrote::-)

we aim to please.

You aim to make guano targets of pedestrians heads. How is that pleasing?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:20 am Post

Jaysen wrote:You aim to make guano targets of pedestrians heads. How is that pleasing?

Just try thinking like a pigeon!
We all know you experience difficulties, and usually get into trouble when attempting to think, but just try.

Do take care
Fluff
Last edited by vic-k on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:50 pm Post

Dear Kitty Cat,

While I agree with you that I have difficulties when it comes to imaginative interpretations of pigeon scratch, I believe my statement is defensible in so far as guano brain used "please" incorrectly. Given the context it the natural interpretation of this word implies the satisfaction or gratification of others. This is clearly not the interpretation that you are suggesting is appropriate.

Assuming for a minute, and I believe that this assumption would be safe considering the source, that your hypothesis is correct I would suggest to you that the flying feather duster should replace the word "please" with the phrase "provide self-gratification". I believe that this would provide a more licid perspective of his position.

who will be the first to notice? clangy? vic-k? dusty himself?
Last edited by Jaysen on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Wock

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:37 pm Post

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:14 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:"provide self-gratification".

In the,'self-gratification', context, the statement:
Wock wrote:we aim to please.
, is correct. I would imagine, that, the chicken, finds every, 'SPLAT!!!', of the laser guided guano bomb, almost orgasmic.

In the altruistic context; once again the statement:
Wock wrote:we aim to please.
is correct.
A most bizarre facet of the vultures warped personality, is an apparently innate need to, periodically, do good deeds. This decidedly involuntary response to certain external stimuli, is probably triggered, by, and is undoubtedly, a by-product, of, a guilt-ridden conscience. Or even a futile attempt, on it`s part, at staving off its impending public plucking, by trying to ingratiate itself with the general `Scrivenerati`. It`s on a loser there, and probably knows it. But! You can`t fault it for trying.

Then again, judging by its latest post, :roll: above, the thickoe doesn`t know when to,'leave well alone'

So...I reiterate..."Think like a pigeon"
Do take care
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

he
hefolsom

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 am Post

Just in case others don't already know this: if something you want a keyboard shortcut for doesn't have one, you can easily create your own keyboard shortcuts! Just go to your Mac's System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Keyboard shortcuts, and click the + to add a new one.

For example, I was using a lot of bullet lists so I created one for "List..." and now don't have to select it from the menu.

I hope this is useful to some - I'm a new Mac user so I'm not sure what's common knowledge, and I was VERY excited when I realized how easy this is to do on a Mac compared to Windows.....

- HF

Ae
Aeolus

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 am Post

hefolsom wrote:Just in case others don't already know this: if something you want a keyboard shortcut for doesn't have one, you can easily create your own keyboard shortcuts! Just go to your Mac's System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Keyboard shortcuts, and click the + to add a new one.

For example, I was using a lot of bullet lists so I created one for "List..." and now don't have to select it from the menu.

I hope this is useful to some - I'm a new Mac user so I'm not sure what's common knowledge, and I was VERY excited when I realized how easy this is to do on a Mac compared to Windows.....

- HF

I've tried this in other programs and to accomplish other task at times with varying success. In this case it is exactly what I wanted to do. I hated using my mouse to start a new list. but my attempts and mimicking what you did have been unsuccessful. What keys did you bind "List..." to?
MacBook Pro 6,2 8GB RAM
iPad Gen. 4 32GB
iPhone 6+ 64GB

ms
msebastian83

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 pm Post

Anyone have one of these for version 2? Thanks!

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 am Post

One negative vote. All right, Ebenezer.....move along.

Thanks Wock, for your generosity in maintaining this guide.

di
diggertoo

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:41 pm Post

If someone hasn't mentioned it already, Dashkards is a program which can be set to display a list of Scrivener shortcuts on your Mac Dashboard.

http://dashkards.com/mac-apps