Importing from Tinderbox

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Sat May 15, 2010 5:24 pm Post

Dirt road from Tortilla Flat, if not before. On the last trip I drove all the way to Apache Lake in a two-wheel drive rental car. This was some years ago, so the road may be paved now.

Tortilla Flat is a genuine mining "ghost" settlement, with not a hint of Disney-fication, as I remember. To European eyes, a real gem. Apache Lake was superb; I boated and swam. Not sure if I was permitted to do the latter. On that occasion the views back down the track towards the mountains on the drive back to Phoenix in the evening light were extraordinarily beautiful.

H
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

Ve
Vermonter17032

Sun May 16, 2010 11:02 am Post

Hugh wrote:Dirt road from Tortilla Flat, if not before. On the last trip I drove all the way to Apache Lake in a two-wheel drive rental car. This was some years ago, so the road may be paved now.

Tortilla Flat is a genuine mining "ghost" settlement, with not a hint of Disney-fication, as I remember. To European eyes, a real gem. Apache Lake was superb; I boated and swam. Not sure if I was permitted to do the latter. On that occasion the views back down the track towards the mountains on the drive back to Phoenix in the evening light were extraordinarily beautiful.

H

Last time I was in the southwest, I was able to spend about six weeks exploring New Mexico and Arizona -- that was seven years ago. Your imagery has got me thinking it is time to return to Arizona (although I'll be sure to bring my papers!).

Steve

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Fri May 21, 2010 10:04 am Post

Back on topic: Tinderbox 5.5 has been released. Its major new feature is sync-ing with Simplenote on the iPad, iPod or iPhone, like Notational Velocity.

H
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'