ETA?

Leigh
Platform: Mac

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:55 pm Post

I can prove that just one monkey, with just one typewriter, can produce an infinite amout of gibberish.

Is that any help? :D

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:18 pm Post

Man, I think you are right! Crikey. Anyone know of a decent ZX Spectrum emulator for the Mac? I need to find a ROM and check this out before giving Spitfire31 a free copy. :)
Best,
Keith

Spitfire31 wrote:Browsing through my old Spectrum tapes...

Universal Hero?

Best,

Joey

Nihil sine labore

KB wrote:Other options: Hmm, well, let me think. You could post me any of the following:
- The name of the ZX Spectrum adventure game that had a character called Slartibardfast (and no, it wasn't Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it just had a reference to it)

Hmm, so you might want to stick with eSellerate, then. :)

Best,
Keith

Spitfire31

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:43 pm Post

My favourite is Fuse, to be found at <http://www.worldofspectrum.org/emulators.html> and probably in many other places too.

I was happy to find a BetaBasic ROM somewhere, too – brought me back 25 odd years or so, when I dabbled in 'structured programming'...

Best,

Joey

"Fuse version 0.7.0.1 a native port of Philip Kendall's Fuse for Unix, done by Fredrick Meunier (2,260,403 bytes)
Additional utilities can be found in the utils pack (387,315 bytes) and the source code is also available (1,350,869 bytes).
This emulator can handle the TZX file format! [16/09/04]
A beta release and source code of the new version, which includes many new features and support for Intel Macs (Universal Binary) [20/11/06]"

KB wrote:Man, I think you are right! Crikey. Anyone know of a decent ZX Spectrum emulator for the Mac? I need to find a ROM and check this out before giving Spitfire31 a free copy. :)
Best,
Keith

Spitfire31 wrote:Browsing through my old Spectrum tapes...

Universal Hero?

Best,

Joey

Nihil sine labore

KB wrote:Other options: Hmm, well, let me think. You could post me any of the following:
- The name of the ZX Spectrum adventure game that had a character called Slartibardfast (and no, it wasn't Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it just had a reference to it)

Hmm, so you might want to stick with eSellerate, then. :)

Best,
Keith

KB
Site Admin

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 am Post

Right, just found it. Last time I checked I had problems with it, but now it works beautifully. I have spent the last half an hour playing Renegated and Manic Miner. :)

Dang, looks like I owe you a free copy of Scrivener - I found Universal Hero, too, and I think it is the game I was on about. :)

Keith

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 am Post

Now you've done it! Now the release date will be pushed back to March. ;)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

alexwein

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:04 am Post

AmberV wrote:Now you've done it! Now the release date will be pushed back to March. ;)

Hahaha!! :lol:
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

Spitfire31

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 pm Post

Hm, I wish you hadn't mentioned Manic Miner; made me 're-proritize' an hour and a half from my overdue accounting chores to ushering miner Willy around in the netherworld... ;-)

/Joey