MMD: A small suggestion: \keywords -> \mykeywords

cl
cls

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:35 am Post

Hi,

I'm loving the MMD support in Scrivener (as well as the fantastic application!)

Since I am mostly doing scientific writing, I am in the process of adding support for the IEEETran.cls LaTeX class.

There is, however, a conflict, since that class also defines \keywords. I have solved the problem by renaming \keywords to \mykeywords in xhtml2latex.xsl and in IEEETran.xslt, which I based upon memoir.xslt

Apparently, also manuscript-novel.xslt uses \keywords.

If this is a good way of dealing with the issue, it might be wise to rename \keywords to something more unlikely to be found in other classes. If you know better ways, I would be happy for any input.

Best regards,
Casper
Scrivener newbie, former Ulysses user

fl
fletcher

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 am Post

My early versions used "\my-" variables for almost all of the metadata, which got quite cumbersome to maintain, produced ugly, convoluted LaTeX files when one tried to hand modify them, and overall seemed unnecessary. I changed to a default "\meta" format, and only used "\my-" variables when necessary.

I hadn't run into a conflict with keywords before, but it has been changed for the next release.

PS> When you're done, would you be interested in sharing your xslt file with the rest of the class? I would like to end up creating a repository of some sort where MMD users can share their XSLT files and tricks...

cl
cls

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:19 pm Post

Thanks, sounds great.

I'll be happy to share my work with you all as soon as I'm done. A repository of XSLT files and tricks sounds wonderful. (And I would like to add my vote for export bundles, though they seem unlikely).

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm Post

(And I would like to add my vote for export bundles, though they seem unlikely)

More than unlikely - will not happen. :) Scrivener is primarily a rich text tool, with some decent export options and basic support for MMD. It is never going to turn into something like TextMate, that is beyond its scope.

Just thought I ought to nip that one in the bud, before anyone starts speculating about stuff that I have no intention of implemeting. :)

All the best,
Keith

cl
cls

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:09 pm Post

No problem. Scrivener still beats every other application I have used for writing. MMD as implemented is more than adequate for us nerds...

Thanks for the great work,
Casper.