Getting rid of the Scrivener create/open a project window

Ti
Timotheus

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:10 pm Post

This may have been discussed earlier, but I don't see it mentioned in the Wish List-Forum.

We all know the Scrivener window which leaves the choice between three alternatives: Create a New Project - Open an Existing Project - Open the Interactive Tutorial.

This window, which didn't exist in earlier versions of Scrivener, has never become part of my workflow. I find it rather superfluous: I have other ways of searching / opening documents (Launchbar etc.). Moreover, this window also pops up when one closes a Scrivener project with the intention to switch not to another Scrivener project, but to another application. Would it be an idea to make this window optional (under Preferences) in a future version of Scrivener? Personally, I would be glad to get rid of it.
X.12.6; Scrivener; Nisus; LaTeX; Bookends; Devonthink; Lightroom.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:03 pm Post

Moved to the beta-testing forum. There is no start panel in the official 1.11 release - you are using the 1.12 beta (so not everyone will know about the start panel :) ). As mentioned in the beta thread, this will be a preference in the official release.
Best,
Keith

Ti
Timotheus

Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:57 am Post

Thank you, Keith! I have been working with the 1.12 beta version for so long and so smoothly that I have completely forgotten it's still a beta!