Scrivener 1.12 beta 1 now available for testing

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 pm Post

Does the same happen with web links? Nothing in Scrivener itself does this, so it must be the text system - some fonts get exchanged for certain characters.
Best,
Keith

su
suavito

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:41 pm Post

Now that's interesting – but not good –: I randomly chose http://www.düsen.de/ as a web address because it contains an umlaut. And it can't be imported into [I] Scrivener[/I]. (And neither into [I]Together[/I], which without doubt uses the same Apple standard service.)

Bug report to Cupertino?

EDIT: As you can see the above link abruptly ends right before the "ü".

ts
tsoimp

Mon May 05, 2008 3:29 pm Post

I have my old scrivener files written with version 1.03. Yesterday I downloaded the 1.12 beta version. When tried to open the old scrivener file, it prompted me to update the project since it can not open the old version. After updating the project, I saw the project in right layout with all the draft titles and research folders. However, when I clicked each of the draft title, it's empty!!! All the text was lost. How can I rescue this? Should I go back to use 1.1 release version?

KB
Site Admin

Mon May 05, 2008 5:29 pm Post

Could you zip up the project (pre-update) and send it to me at support AT literatureandlatte DOT com so that I can see what is going on?
Thanks,
Keith

Tr
Tripper

Tue May 06, 2008 3:44 pm Post

Hi,
Is there a reason why Commands B I & U work with some fonts and not others? They work with Georgia for instance, but I switched to Courier (to check double spaces between words - roll on seeing invisibles!) and those commands are only available through the Ruler.

Trip

KB
Site Admin

Tue May 06, 2008 5:28 pm Post

Some fonts don't have bold or italic faces. For issues not specific to 1.12, would you mind posting in the Technical Support forum? Thanks!
All the best,
Keith

Tr
Tripper

Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 pm Post

Hi,
Sorry, wasn't sure whether it was specific to 1.12, which is why I posted here. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but my courier font does have italic but I can't use CMD I. Yet, as I said in my previous post, I can set it using the ruler!

Update: I restarted Scrivener and CMD I now works with Courier.

su
suavito

Tue May 13, 2008 9:16 am Post

When you have a split screen with a text in one and a pdf in the other and the text has the focus and a part of it is highlighted, cmd+ or cmd- never changes the font size of the text but the zoom of the pdf.

KB
Site Admin

Tue May 13, 2008 5:07 pm Post

Hmm, you're right. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about that. It seems that the PDF view (as provided by Apple's PDF kit) has this zoom keyboard shortcut built in, irrespective of menu assignments; but it is the same as the standard for making the font bigger and smaller, which I am slightly reluctant to change... Hmm.
Best,
Keith

Ga
Gaijin de Moscu

Mon May 19, 2008 3:58 am Post

Hi, I recently noticed this thing with 1.12: when I zip my Scrivener file using the "compress file" command in the Finder, all the text in the latest Scrivener document (text doc within a Scrivener folder) is gone. All other text attributes -- notes, label, status, etc. -- appear to be OK.

It happened twice to me. Yesterday it happened to a text of 5,200 words (if it helps).

KB
Site Admin

Mon May 19, 2008 3:41 pm Post

Hi,

I can't repeat this. Do you mean the original project loses the text or the copy that is placed in the zip file? If the latter, are you sure that you haven't set the auto-save period in the Preferences to something long and then forgot to save the project before compressing it, so that the last document wasn't actually saved on disk when zipped?

Best,
Keith

Ga
Gaijin de Moscu

Mon May 19, 2008 5:37 pm Post

Keith, my auto-save is set for 2 seconds. I always watch for the "dirty flag" to disappear before doing something with the file.

It has only happened when transferring a zipped project from a G4 Powerbook to an Intel iMac. I'll keep watching my habits to understand if it's me or the programme. But this happened twice.

KB
Site Admin

Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm Post

If you can find a situation in which it happens, I'll certainly look into it. But obviously I can't look into it unless I can reproduce it. Zipping up the file just zips up what is on disk, so if the file is on disk in Scrivener there is nothing that Scrivener could do to stop the zip file zipping it up as far as I know, unless there is something in the zipping mechanism that would prevent open files from being zipped in certain circumstances.
All the best,
Keith

jc
jcscrib

Sat May 24, 2008 6:18 pm Post

I hate to sound stupid, but where is console.app?

JR
JRP

Sat May 24, 2008 11:30 pm Post

No worries. It's in applications/utilities