Scrivener 1.1 (1.095) public beta now available

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:07 pm Post

Here's a bug which I found and can reproduce: I write in Full Screen with no visible scroller, using the Powerbook's trackpad to scroll. The PB is pre-2005, so I use iScroll2 to make 2-finger-scrolling possible. So what I'm describing here might as well be a bug in iScroll2 which has nothing to do with Scrivener although I have never discovered a bug in iScroll after 3 years of using it in the same version.

What I do: I switch to another document without leaving full screen view via view -> editor –> go to -> wherever. But in the document I get I cannot use 2-finger-scrolling. Nothing happens. Turning on the scroller via preferences (without leaving full screen) makes it work again. Turning the scroller off and it still works. Switching to another document - again no 2-Finger Scrolling. Happens only in Full Screen and only when switching documents via go to.
Console says nothing.

It's really a minor thing, but maybe interesting to look into.

Cheers,

J.

edit: Typewriter Scrolling turned on.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:42 pm Post

Jolanth - I've just tested this, and given that it works with proper two-fingered scrolling (on a MacBook), I'm going to have to put this down to the fact that iScroll is a hack (although a very nice one).

Best,
Keith

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:48 pm Post

Yes, that's possible, thanks for checking. While we're at it – is it normal that the menu option document -> go to is greyed out in full screen mode? It's a bit quicker to navigate via the document menu, although view -> editor -> go to works fine as well.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 pm Post

I'm not sure what you mean. There is no "Go To" option in the Documents menu (there is "Move To", but that is quite different and is definitely greyed out in full screen). Remember that the best way of navigating in full screen is to select several documents in the binder before entering full screen, which will place them into the document navigation history.
Best,
Keith

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 am Post

Sorry, move to is what I meant. Yes, I will get used to selecting several documents in the binder, just too carried away at times to remember and then I have to look something up in a previous chapter ...
Anyway, still a joy writing in Scriv's beautiful Full Screen, the aesthetics really enhance productivity.
Looking forward to 1.1!

Best,

J.

Tr
Tripper

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:21 pm Post

Layouts is cool! I'm sure I wished for this functionality (OK I called it perspectives) only to be told it wasn't on the agenda. So glad you slipped it in. :D Can't get over how feature rich this program is.

KB
Site Admin

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:30 pm Post

Yep, I knew a couple of people had asked for it. It suddenly occurred to me one day how I could implement it with relative ease, and it seemed a good idea and something I would use...
Best,
Keith

KB
Site Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:59 pm Post

Scrivener 1.10 is now out and can be downloaded from the main product page, or directly from:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/downl ... ivener.dmg

Scrivener 1.10 is completely Leopard-ready, fixes bugs in 1.095 and adds a number of new features.

Beta Testers are unlikely to receive the automatic update notification as a bug in the Sparkle framework means that 1.10 will not be recognised as a higher version number than 1.095. This is why it is called 1.10 and not 1.1 in the first place - so that users of 1.03 will be notified of the update.

The full change list will be available here within the hour:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivChangeList.html

Note that as this is an official version release, bug reports can now be posted in the main area of the forum.

Many, many thanks to all users who took the time to beta test and submit bug reports. I really do appreciate it.

All the best,
Keith