Scrivener 1.1 (1.095) public beta now available

St
Studio717

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:56 pm Post

Thanks Amber and Keith! Great to hear.

I love the list of goodies for Leopard, which I should discover later today. :D

(Ran into a small glitch when backing up but after rerunning SuperDuper! for the third time - and it worked! - I was too tired to attempt a Leopard install last night.)

Now, however... time to move forward.

And, like LL, I am also pleased that Scrivener will work under both Tiger and Leopard because while I have two computers that will run Leopard just fine, my favorite little iBook is going to have to remain at Tiger. (It's my coffee house computer - minimal info on it and no auto-passwords - as well as my hands-down favorite keyboard.)

Edited to add: Works beautifully! I'm loving Leopard. :D It will seem very similar to Tiger, then I click on something and BAMM! Awesomeness. :lol:

Already used CoverFlow and QuickLook to find a piece of research.

Thanks, Keith for a great job with the integration. Haven't noticed a single glitch (uh, yet... <- added to appease the over-confidence gods).

Ro
RobertB
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:10 am Post

Would it cause to many problems to downgrade to the last beta if I have used and saved projects from this beta? I need to work on some scripts and the bug in this beta makes this pretty near impossible. I know 1.1 is just around the corner but I kind of need to get this done in the next few days with last minute notice (of course). Didn't know if there were any format changes in this version versus the last version. Thanks.

RT
RTJK

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:05 am Post

As far as I know there's no issues at all with rolling back to 1.09 - I have done (for the same reason) and there's been no problems at whatsoever.

Robin

Lord Lightning

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:21 am Post

Hi RoberB

WARNING WARNING WILL ROBERTB

If you decide to go back a version make absolutely certain that you use a copy of the file. Do not use a newer version original file in an older version.

If you do the fates will toy with your mind!!! Your shoelaces will mysteriously tie themselves to chair legs and your eggs will poach to a yellow paste.

:) :shock:
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

Ro
RobertB

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:50 pm Post

LL,
Thanks. Will use a copy of the project and keep the original somewhere safe... just in case.

Robert

ag
againdemon

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:13 pm Post

antony wrote:@All: allow me to introduce Ivan Brandon, author of NYC MECH, CROSS BRONX, and creator/editor of the 24SEVEN anthologies. He's good people.

thanks. and hi, all. i plan to finally script with this today, so...

Ro
RobertB

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:18 pm Post

againdemon - I'd hold off on scripting until 1.1 is released or use the last beta. The script format bug makes it particularly painful if you try and copy and paste anything into your scripts. Your mileage may vary of course.

ag
againdemon

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:36 pm Post

RobertB wrote:againdemon - I'd hold off on scripting until 1.1 is released or use the last beta. The script format bug makes it particularly painful if you try and copy and paste anything into your scripts. Your mileage may vary of course.

yeah, i also just noticed if i press return a few times it just beachballs me and hangs forever.

Ro
RobertB

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:47 pm Post

The joys of beta testing, right? ;)

The View> "Layout" addition almost makes this beta worth dealing with though. I love that feature.

mp
mpaul

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 pm Post

I installed Leopard yesterday, and using 1.095 I can no longer add an external reference to browser items I have clipped using the "Create new clipping from selection" service. This is also true of web pages drag into Scrivener from Safari.

I'm using a Core Duo MacBook.
Cheers,

Mark

KB
Site Admin

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:26 pm Post

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you please explain a little more? I can drag web pages in from the URL icon in Safari into Scrivener's binder quite happily. The "Create new clipping from selection" service also works fine... Though I'm not really sure what you mean by adding an external reference to browser items you have clipped...

Please post exact step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce, as for all bug reports.

Thanks,
Keith

mp
mpaul

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:28 pm Post

After creating the clip, I go to the Inspector for the clip, click on the Document References tab at the bottom. I then click the "+" sign at the top to add a reference, getting the pulldown menu and choosing "Create External Reference." Nothing happens. This also seems true for all other texts; I cannot create external references. Document notes and keywords work fine.
Cheers,

Mark

KB
Site Admin

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:40 pm Post

Ah... Now I see what you mean. Ouch. Good catch! Will fix for 1.1...
Best,
Keith

KB
Site Admin

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 pm Post

Okay, this was a stupid mistake on my part. Fixed for 1.1 (which will actually be called 1.10, for automatic update reasons...).
Best,
Keith

mp
mpaul

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:05 pm Post

Thanks, Keith, you're the best.
Cheers,

Mark