Scrivener 1.1 (1.08) public beta now available

bobembry
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:48 pm Post

KB wrote:Bob - yes, you should see the keyboard shortcut in the View menu, which is exactly the one you described.
Please see the Help file or release notes.
Best,
Keith

No Shift Command 6 (Command ^) in my menu's.

I've had Shift Command 6 assigned to a Service Menu item linked to Circus Ponies NoteBook for a long time and it still shows. In fact I had used Command Shift 6 to clip notes from every page of the Help File to NoteBook. I was under the impression that application keyboard shortcuts took precedence over Service Menu items and not make them available. ... Anyway when trying to clip phrases from Scrivener to NoteBook and getting the corkboard, I was a little baffled. And I did look in the Help Book for Command Shift 6. Without the Command Shift 6 in the menu there's nothing to indicate what has happenend.

For anyone interested I was building a path from Scrivener to NovaMind: Clip to NoteBook > Create a title add a | (pipe character) to separate the title from the note text > OPML > BBEdit to replace the pipe character with the OMPL " _note=" > OmniOutliner or NovaMind

Thanks

Bob
Preparing for Real Life Adventures http://rlaexp.com/memo.html. It's impossible to work on things that aren't on one's mental radar at the necessary point in time.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:58 pm Post

Either way, this is not a Scrivener bug, as it appears in my menu fine and menu shortcuts are handled at the system level. Incidents where they do not appear or do not work properly are caused by other programs on your system interfering or other system shortcut set-ups.

The fact that the command works for you, though, suggests this is not happening. So you are saying that when you go to View > Open as Index Card Stack In > Editor, the keyboard shortcut "shift-cmd-^" (which is how it appears in the menu) is not visible, and yet it is still active? This shouldn't be possible, but there you go. Still nothing to do with any code in Scrivener. :)

All the best,
Keith

Mr
MrLucky

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:01 pm Post

I nominated Scrivener 1.1 for "Third-Party Software of the Year" in the Macworld survey....better get it finished before 2008!

KB
Site Admin

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:11 pm Post

Thank you. :) Though I don't think I stand much chance when I'm up against CS3. :)

Kh
Khadrelt

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:44 pm Post

Heck, no - you've got a great shot at the Mac Gem category (software under $50).

Last time I checked, CS3 wasn't under $50. Wouldn't that be nice.
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

su
suavito

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:43 pm Post

A very late comment to my posting from August 23rd and your reply to it, Keith:

The text arriving empty when getting dragged from one project to another was a very short one, a few words that just came to my mind. I typed them down in my "miscellaneous" project and in that short while I was doing that I spontaneously decided to give this tiny but promising idea it's own project. Did so, dragged, and nothing.

Add to this that I had set the auto-saving to 60 seconds and you have the explanation for what happend. It was exactly what you said, the text wasn't saved yet. In short: my fault.

PS to all subscribers of this thread: A new beta is out! ;)
Tried working once. It didn’t work out. Too much like work.
John Steed

KB
Site Admin

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:24 pm Post

This thread is now closed as beta 1.09 is now out. The details and download are available in this thread:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum ... php?t=2564

Best,
Keith