Scrivener 1.1 beta (1.07) public beta now available

antony

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:27 am Post

KB wrote:I'll add a preference for the binder selection to be blue/graphite or to use selection colour.
Best,
Keith

Hopefully just a small thing, but is is possible to also make the text of the selected binder document bold? Using Lucida, for example, the roman text becomes very hard to read when changed to white and a dropshadow added. (Most Apple source lists do this, I believe, but of course the font there isn't changeable.)

I'd rather not have to use a bold font for the entire binder, that would be rather ugly :(
Antony Johnston
antonyjohnston.com

by
byzkarl

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:29 pm Post

Hi,

I updated to the latest beta, and attempted to export manuscript from novel format. Before, it had automatically put a heading on each page, but this time it didn't have the heading. I think it happened when the beta updated the document format, because when I opened a new project in the format, the header was back. Perhaps it is a problem in the conversion?

Have I mentioned how much I love your product?

Regards,
Karl

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:24 pm Post

If you mean the page header, yes, this will happen with updated projects because the way headers are done has changed - you just have to redo the header in the Export > Draft settings to get it back, I'm afraid.
Best,
Keith

KB
Site Admin

Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm Post

P.S. Antony - source lists don't use a bold font as far as I can see, so I think it may just be the font you are using doesn't look so good in white... Sorry. (It would have to be a preference and the preferences are kinda full - plus I want to get 1.1 and get writing ASAP before I lose the will to live.)
Best,
Keith

antony

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:06 pm Post

Not wanting to start an argument (or distract you from The Novel), but:

Same font and size in Scriv, but without the emboldening when highlighted:

Sorry, but it was fine in the previous version. Oh, for the days of yore...
Antony Johnston
antonyjohnston.com

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:14 pm Post

zuzu wrote:Heresy in a Scrivener forum but sometimes a picture is worth a thousands words. FYI here is more than you ever needed to know about getting screengrabs and screenshots on Mac OS X http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly ... crets.html

Eh, thanks, but I figured "notes background colour is bright red" was enough information.

Anyway, I meant to post a follow up on this, and it must have slipped my mind. I discovered that it was indeed a problem with the preferences. The note's background preference was set to black, even though it came up as white normally. So I changed that back to white, and now the red is gone.

Must have been some very minor preference corruption. I'll let you know if I come across it again--but it is probably a freak thing.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Pe
Pereger

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:22 pm Post

Not sure if I'm doing this right:

When I lock a page in place, the header does change color. But whenever I click anything in the binder, the editor changes to that item. Nothing stays locked.

Thanks!

bo
bogo_lode

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:04 am Post

I think the keyboard shortcut to create a folder doesn't seem to work at all.

su
suavito

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55 am Post

When using a split screen the name of last opened text stays highlighted in the binder even if you close the screen that has displayed it. The hightighting should jump to the name of the remaining text.
Tried working once. It didn’t work out. Too much like work.
John Steed

KB
Site Admin

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:06 am Post

When I lock a page in place, the header does change color. But whenever I click anything in the binder, the editor changes to that item. Nothing stays locked.

Yep, that's a silly bug I noticed myself a couple of days ago. In fact, Lock in Place only works if you are in an Edit Scrivenings session! This is fixed for the next update, don't worry.

I think the keyboard shortcut to create a folder doesn't seem to work at all.

It works fine - either you have something installed that is interfering with it (such as QuickSilver) or you do not have the binder, corkboard or outliner focussed whilst hitting the keyboard combination.

When using a split screen the name of last opened text stays highlighted in the binder even if you close the screen that has displayed it. The hightighting should jump to the name of the remaining text.

No it shouldn't. This is intended behaviour. Please see the FAQ or Help file for an explanation.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

AmberV

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:24 pm Post

KB wrote:Yep, that's a silly bug I noticed myself a couple of days ago. In fact, Lock in Place only works if you are in an Edit Scrivenings session! This is fixed for the next update, don't worry.

Probably related, but I noticed that when you search for annotations in full screen with a locked E.S. session, press either next or previous immediately breaks the session. Stays locked in standard mode, though.
Ioa Petra'ka

KB
Site Admin

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:28 pm Post

Probably related, but I noticed that when you search for annotations in full screen with a locked E.S. session, press either next or previous immediately breaks the session. Stays locked in standard mode, though.

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean - there is no "Locked in Place" in full screen; it only applies to the main window editors.

Best,
Keith

AmberV

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:37 pm Post

I wondered if that was the case, but I figured I'd bring it up since it acts different in the two views. Annotation searching is restricted to the session in standard, but erases the session and goes into single document display as soon as you press 'next' or 'previous'. I guess it is fine since full screen locking doesn't make any sense otherwise.
Ioa Petra'ka