Scrivener 1.1 beta (1.06) public beta now available

ti
tim

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:15 pm Post

albertsen wrote:
So I used "Replace all" in the find dialog. I then could not decide whether to use the old or the new name, so I used the find dialog a couple of times with both names. After three times the exception occured in the Console

Kieth, in case this helps, I recall something very similar happening in an earlier iteration of Scriv. Perhaps 1.03?

Tim

PS I love the new version and haven't encountered anything yet, though I've done little but import an older draft into it.
In theory, there's no difference
between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Yogi Berra

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:43 pm Post

Is there a keyboard shortcut for Typewriter mode toggle that I am missing? If not, how about using one of the now unused editor mode shortcuts, like Cmd-Ctrl-Q?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

RT
RTJK

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 pm Post

Keith - great job. It looks and feels super smooth and I can see why you're so pleased with it. I'd like to ask about the Go To menu. I use this one a lot and spent maybe 20 minutes looking for it this afternoon. Maybe it's a big thing or maybe not but if you don't have big opinions either way, could it be less nested in the menu structure? I've seen others on the forum who use it a lot in their work flow too, and in full screen mode it's the best way to move around the project, I think. Anyway thanks again for a great app that's changed my life.

Robin

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:58 pm Post

I'm really digging the auto-Go To in a locked E.S. session. That is fantastic.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:24 pm Post

I'd like to ask about the Go To menu. I use this one a lot and spent maybe 20 minutes looking for it this afternoon. Maybe it's a big thing or maybe not but if you don't have big opinions either way, could it be less nested in the menu structure? I've seen others on the forum who use it a lot in their work flow too, and in full screen mode it's the best way to move around the project, I think. Anyway thanks again for a great app that's changed my life.

Personally, rather than use the View menu for this anyway, I would click on the icon in the header view above the editor you are using and use the Go To menu there. It does exactly the same thing and is a lot more accessible (not so nested). It's provided in the View menu as well just because it is good practise to provide most of what is available elsewhere in the interface in the main menu as well, but it is definitely easier to use from the header view.

Best,
Keith

po
polymathic

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:29 pm Post

Hi Keith,

This release looks great! Congratulations on your hard work!

I just customized the Toolbar and inserted the new Typewriter icon. It works fine for toggling, but is there a way to indicate which way it is toggled (displaying it as sunken, for instance)? The first time I tried it, I found myself clicking on it several times thinking it wasn't working.

Best,
P.

Pr
PrimitiveWorker

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 am Post

Saving scriptwriting templates to file sometimes mangles the numeric values. For instance 1.62 becomes 1.6200000047683716, or 2.62 becomes 2.619999885559082, or 2.9 becomes 2.9000000953674316. Operation doesn't appear to be affected, but it's kind of strange.

eb
ebvc1

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:06 am Post

AmberV wrote:Anyone else having problems getting Edit Scrivenings to work with the keyboard shortcuts, or is it just me? The toolbar button works, but menu commands (and thus keyboard) are always disabled.

I am having the same problem.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 am Post

polymathic wrote:I just customized the Toolbar and inserted the new Typewriter icon. It works fine for toggling, but is there a way to indicate which way it is toggled (displaying it as sunken, for instance)? The first time I tried it, I found myself clicking on it several times thinking it wasn't working.

Cocoa (OS X) toolbars are limited to displaying only one selected item at a time. Given that the outliner/corkboard toolbar items use the selected status, no other items can use the "sunken" selected look.

PrimitiveWorker wrote:Saving scriptwriting templates to file sometimes mangles the numeric values. For instance 1.62 becomes 1.6200000047683716, or 2.62 becomes 2.619999885559082, or 2.9 becomes 2.9000000953674316. Operation doesn't appear to be affected, but it's kind of strange.

This is just the normal result of your script settings being saved as RTF format. RTF will make minor alterations to the numeric values in this way - nothing to worry about.

ebvc1 wrote:I am having the same problem.

Please see my earlier reply in which I have already explained that this is a bug owing to a silly oversight on my part and that it will be fixed in an update in the next day or so.

Best,
Keith

eb
ebvc1

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 am Post

ebvc1 wrote:I am having the same problem.

Please see my earlier reply in which I have already explained that this is a bug owing to a silly oversight on my part and that it will be fixed in an update in the next day or so.

Best,
Keith[/quote]

Thanks Keith. Scrivener rocks. :D

KB
Site Admin

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 am Post

AmberV wrote:Is there a keyboard shortcut for Typewriter mode toggle that I am missing? If not, how about using one of the now unused editor mode shortcuts, like Cmd-Ctrl-Q?

Or even better, cmd-ctrl-T. Done.

jean-louis wrote:Everything is ok for me during conversion.
A little(so tiny!):
in menu
view/PDF display/

"Size to fit" becomes "Auto Size" in contextual menu (right-click on the PDF).

These are actually different things. Size to Fit fits the PDF to the window one-time only and then it will stay that size. "Auto size" keeps it stuck to the size of the window. "Size to Fit" was added by me; "Auto size" comes built into the PDF view, so whilst I would prefer a "Size to Fit" command there, I have no control over it.

Right, now it's time to look at the characterAtIndex: bug...

Best,
Keith

Ja
Jan

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:38 pm Post

Great update. The ability to import rtf documents with footnotes and annotations is a fantastic addition.

One small cosmetical issue: binder documents are now highlighted in blue to match the color scheme of the iTunes source list. There is one difference, though: iTunes 7.2 uses a grey/graphite highlight color if "Graphite" is chosen in the system appearance panel. It would be nice if Scrivener followed this behavior. The bright blue is a bit distracting for those who prefer more subdued colors.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:42 pm Post

The blue is the way things are going, I'm afraid - you'll find that in source lists other than iTunes, the blue is there regardless of selection preferences (if not now, soon :) ).
Best,
Keith

Ja
Jan

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:27 pm Post

KB wrote:The blue is the way things are going, I'm afraid

Makes me feel blue :(

mc
mcbend

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 pm Post

repeated crash on project statistics, in regular typing window mode / as well as other like outline window...
hope this helps

===== mercredi 25 juillet 2007 16 h 47 Europe/Paris =====
Jul 25 16:48:47 MacBook-Pro crashdump[8427]: Scrivener crashed
Jul 25 16:48:48 MacBook-Pro crashdump[8427]: crash report written to: /Users/be/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Scrivener.crash.log
2007-07-25 16:48:54.810 Scrivener[8428] *** Illegal NSTableView data source (<SCRSearchResultsController: 0x15e5efb0>[object class: SCRBinderDocument, number of selected objects: 0]). Must implement numberOfRowsInTableView: and tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row: