Beta Bugs - Post Them Here

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 pm Post

Sorry, should have mentioned that the translations are messed up in this version - stick to the regular download for now. We'll have the translations sorted out, one way or another, for the release version.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ma
markusbern

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 am Post

Thanks for the german translation, but missing preferences.... :D hope for version 3.

KB
Site Admin

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am Post

If you download the beta I uploaded last night, you will see that all of the preferences are present and correct in German. They still need tweaking to fit better (why do other languages have to be so long :) ), but they are there.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

xiamenese

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 am Post

KB wrote:why do other languages have to be so long :)

Put everything in Chinese … English is up to 1.5 times as long as Chinese! :lol:

Mr X
The Scrivenerato sometimes known as Mr X.
MacBook Pro Retina 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MacBook Pro 17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

ma
markusbern

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:46 am Post

I thought about the new layout of on older Beta.... The old fashioned style is here now.

KB
Site Admin

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 am Post

markusbern wrote:I thought about the new layout of on older Beta.... The old fashioned style is here now.

That's explained in the release notes. As you say, for a future version...

nontroppo

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:21 pm Post

This is pretty minor, but there is a gap at the top of my binder when showing collections using Yosemite public beta 1 and the latest Scrivener beta 2.5.5...

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm Post

That sounds like a local glitch, are you seeing it in multiple projects? If it is in only the one, PM me a copy of the ui.plist file in the package's Settings folder, and then try reloading the project without that file so it resets the UI.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

nontroppo

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:06 am Post

I see it in at least 2 projects, though I've sent it anyway. Deleting the ui.plist has no effect on the gap in the binder.

Another buglet. When I've split my editor vertically (with both editors not in paged mode), as I move the divider the grey line of the divider disappears and it then becomes slightly harder to find the position again as the mouse cursor doesn't change to the <-|-> again.

If this makes a difference, I'm on a retina MBP...
Last edited by nontroppo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

nontroppo

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 am Post

Another buglet, scrolling in paged mode causes the page edge to visually smear when the page stops moving:

da
darmiak

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:24 pm Post

I can't open a previous made document in scrivener after downloading and opening the beta. I can make a new document but every time I try to open an old document, it freezes. What can I do?

AmberV

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 pm Post

darmiak wrote:__________________________________________________________________________________________
I can’t open a previous made document in scrivener after downloading and opening the beta.

By document, do you mean creating or loading items from the Binder, or do you mean you can create new projects, but cannot open old ones? If the latter, does that hold true even if you immediately close a newly created project and then try to reopen it? Try with Blank, to keep things simple. If that works, increase complexity from there, doing things you are prone to do, such as changing any common settings, frequently close and reopening so that you can hopefully narrow down precisely what it takes to cause it to no longer open.

What version of OS X are you using?

Do you get a crash report or console messages, or is it more a perpetual hang that causes you to have to force quit the software?

One last thing, enable Show internal error alerts in the General preference pane and save any messages you get while testing this.
Ioa Petra'ka

AmberV

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 pm Post

nontroppo wrote:__________________________________________________________________________________________
Another buglet, scrolling in paged mode causes the page edge to visually smear when the page stops moving.

While on the topic of Page View, can you set the background to anything other than solid black? I get no response from the Appearance setting that controls this. Definitely get the “smear” problem between pages. I think there is just something wrong in general about the background, and the page smear is the most obvious symptom. Thanks for the report!
Ioa Petra'ka

nontroppo

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 am Post

AmberV wrote:While on the topic of Page View, can you set the background to anything other than solid black? I get no response from the Appearance setting that controls this.

Confirmed! Indeed my background was a dark grey, not black in my settings; I didn't really notice this at first...

I've had a crash with the beta (which for me is almost unheard of with Scrivener), the crashlogs were sent via the Scriv crash logger. Nevertheless I've been hammering on Scrivener almost every day and overall everything of importance is working just fine.

AmberV

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm Post

Thanks! I bet the background plane isn’t even drawing, and that is why elements moving within it, such as page borders, glitch out like that.

I have been periodically getting a crash on close issue with some projects it seems, but not regularly enough to pin down the causes. All I know is that when I launch the software the next day, I have crash reports. So far that’s the main issue I’ve had, along with the few graphical glitches here and there.

Is anyone having issues with PDFs? For me PDF display is really messed up (font rendering is sloppy; not every zoom setting works; internal links / built-in ToC do not always work; page up/down home/end non-functional), but that’s all Mac issues at the moment. Even Skim and Preview are a mess. I’m having to use Reader right now as an external viewer, since it has nothing at all to do with the Mac PDF subsystem. I’m wondering if maybe my installation is damaged though.
Ioa Petra'ka