Beta Bugs - Post Them Here

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:35 am Post

Markus - glad you like it! It's still a work in progress so you'll still come across lots of English phrases, truncated controls, and fonts shrunk down too much. We are still addressing all of that.

DMaunder - thanks, this has been fixed for the next beta.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

robertdguthrie

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:21 pm Post

When I start Scrivener, and it automatically re-opens the two projects that I was working on, only one of them is restored to full screen mode.

Build: 25010
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

kl
klambert
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:31 pm Post

Build 25010

Project/Statistics locks program. Requires force quit to exit.

cy
cyberdyke
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 pm Post

Hi,

I'm wondering if this has been fixed?

I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with Scrivener version 2.4.5. I did just download a "fix" that was mac specific - sorry I don't remember exactly what it was for.

When I click on PROJECT there is nothing listed under "Statistics." And Scrivener hangs after doing that, to the point where I have to force quit. BTW on vs. 2.4.1 under PROJECT I have "Project Statistics" AND "Text Statistics." But on vs. 2.4.5 I don't have "text statistics" listed under PROJECT.

1. Open Scrivener
2. Open project
3. Highlight text in one chapter of project
4. Click on PROJECT
5. Click on Statistics
6. ERROR: program hangs - click on anything in the program is unresponsive. Click on "quit" gets a "donk." Situation resolved when force close is invoked.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm Post

Keith is on vacation right now, so no this hasn't been fixed yet. It's no doubt a simple error and easy to solve, so I'd say the next beta will be work. The two panels have indeed been merged though to streamline things.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

johnz

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:28 am Post

...so no this hasn't been fixed yet. It's no doubt a simple error and easy to solve, so I'd say the next beta will be work.

Hi there,

I'd like to download the last beta (25010), but... maybe it's better waiting these little fixes from Keith?

Thanks,

Giovanni

Mac OS X 10.7.5, Scrivener 2.4.5 (build 24052)

robertdguthrie

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 pm Post

Is the General Meta-Data pane title supposed to be just "General"?
Build 25010

AmberV

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 pm Post

Yes, that has been changed for some time now, ever since the custom meta-data control panel was moved from being something you toggled between "General" and "Custom", and having its own dedicated inspector pane.
Ioa Petra'ka

johnz

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 am Post

Hi there,

may I ask you if the « 'Project/Statistics' then freezing then Force quit » problem in the Build 25010 is set to be cleared in the next beta?

Thanks, and all the best as usual!

Giovanni

AmberV

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm Post

Yes, that problem has already been fixed for the next update.
Ioa Petra'ka

robertdguthrie

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:39 pm Post

Beta 25010

I used to be able to use an image as my composition mode background, but now all I can find is an option to use a texture. When I choose a really big image (a Hubble image scaled for desktop backgrounds in this case), it zooms in to a corner of that image rather than scaling it to the screen, and there aren't any controls I can find to adjust this.

The Manual still points to View->Composition Backdrop, which isn't in the menu anymore, btw.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:28 pm Post

This is a beta, so the manual hasn't been updated yet. The manual will be updated for the final release. The Composition mode backdrop selection has moved to Project Settings, under the Project menu.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

robertdguthrie

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:34 pm Post

Not a bug, but I was recently searching for the setting to include the first lines of text in empty index cards, and had a heck of a time finding it. I finally located it under the Appearance->General Interface section. In my opinion, since this only affects index cards in the cork board view (not in the inspector, for instance), it should go into the Corkboard section instead. If that were ever to change, so that grey text was shown in the Inspector, then it would make sense to put it in the Index Cards section.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 pm Post

That option has come out anyway, as something more extensive is coming... But not in 2.5. :) (Corkboard would have made no sense for the option, though, since it affected the outliner, too - thus "General Interface".)

ma
markusbern

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 pm Post

German Translation is destroying the "Preferences" or "Einstellungen in German. :(