Beta Bugs - Post Them Here

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 pm Post

All you have to do is download it from our main product page, and replace the version you have.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ma
marcoiac

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm Post

So, I open the app, and 'check for updates' is no longer greyed out. I click on it, and it says I am running 2.7

I guess the automatic updater was just a bit perplexed :D :D :D

KB
Site Admin

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:18 pm Post

Strange - glad you're up and running with 2.7, though!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

el
elbowss

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:35 pm Post

Running beta 2.8 (26215), imported PDFs are rendering poorly — large whitespace on top or bottom of main editor window, and scrolling is very choppy.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 pm Post

The whitespace you refer to is probably this old bug.

Choppy scrolling is difficult to pin down given that even something like Spotlight re-indexing your computer could cause that. The optimisation and complexity of the PDF is another big factor in performance, so testing multiple PDFs, including simple ones created with Scrivener, or even its user manual PDF, would be a way of determining whether the problem is with the PDF or something more widespread to your system.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

sr
srp

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 pm Post

Hi,

I'm using 2.8 on OS X 10.11.5.

I'm seeing an highlighted box being "left behind" when I do the following:

Create a new project
Remove everything under "Draft"
Create a new folder and call it "test" and leave it open so you can see documents as you add them.
Create several documents in that folder
Click on "Draft" and create a new document in it. This should be below the "test" folder at it's same level.
*While the new document is highlighted and before you type it's name* click on the folder "test"

What you should see is the light blue highlighted box remain behind while the "test" folder is collapsed.

Steve

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 pm Post

Thanks, I can see the problem. Just for point of reference, you have to click on the “test” disclosure triangle in order to see it. If you click anywhere else on that row then nothing exceptional happens. This one is probably too minor to fix in 2.8 at this point, but it is relevant to future builds so I’ve made note of it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 am Post

I've just tested this and it's an OS X bug, nothing in Scrivener. It's also gone with our next major update, in which the binder has been rewritten to use newer versions of the frameworks.

By the way, 2.8 bugs were supposed to be reported along with iOS bugs in the special Tenderapp forum for beta-testers, which is why I missed this. :)

Thanks!
Keith