eSellerate in latest Scrivener Beta

La
LameLefty
Platform: Mac

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 pm Post

Keith -

Add me to the list of people with this problem and the latest Beta. I've used prior Betas without any problems, and after unsuccessfully working through every single step in the Troubleshooting page (*), I have been able to successfully revert to the current release.

(*) Among other things, I'm an engineer and have been using computers for literally decades. The troubleshooting steps were followed TO THE LETTER and did not resolve the issue. Something is seriously FUBAR'd with eSellerate.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm Post

LameLefty - eSellerate's libraries have been updated between the current release and this beta; it will affect anyone with a certain configuration, and there is nothing we at L&L can do to affect that, so this isn't something that will change when the beta becomes an official release. Switching back to the old version just switches back to using the old libraries, avoiding the problem in that way. Did you try working through the steps supplied earlier in this thread? That fix was provided by eSellerate and has worked for everyone with this issue:

1. Uninstall the latest Scrivener beta (build 21968) by dragging it from your Applications folder to the Trash

2. In the Finder, browse to the system level /Library/Frameworks folder (i.e. not the one in your home folder but the one you access by clicking on the main hard drive in the top of the left-hand source list in the Finder).

3. Delete the item named EWSMac.framework from the Frameworks folder by dragging it to your Trash and then emptying the Trash.

4. Go to ~/Library/Frameworks and delete the EWSMac.framework file from there (on Lion and up, the user Library is hidden; you can navigate to it by opening the Go menu and holding the Option key, then select "Library" when it appears in the menu)

5. Reinstall the Scrivener beta
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

La
LameLefty
Platform: Mac

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 am Post

Jennifer - Thank you for your patience in addressing this issue. I now have the current Beta version running properly. I have literally no idea what I did differently from last week as compared to this afternoon. I am generally very meticulous in troubleshooting and testing - I am currently beta testing software and prototype hardware for several large companies in formal test programs and have done so for many years. I am quite perplexed, since I went through these same steps last week and it just didn't work.

I'm also a bit chagrined that my first post was a complaint and my second is to eat crow. Mmmm . . . tasty, tasty crow.

Wm
WmInk

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 am Post

I tried to run the beta, but it kept asking for my registration number.

I purchased my Mac version of Scrivener from the App Store, and have no Mac registration number.
I do have one for the windows version which i use at work (my other job).
And yes, I purchased two copies, three when the ipad version is available.

Any thoughts on installing the beta?

writing occurs everywhere.

Wm.

MimeticMouton

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 am Post

WmInk wrote:I tried to run the beta, but it kept asking for my registration number.
I purchased my Mac version of Scrivener from the App Store

It's possible to do this, it just needs a little set up. There are detailed instructions here.

Thanks for supporting Scrivener in all its incarnations! :)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)