Scrivener 1.1 (1.055b) Public Beta - new and updated (AGAIN)

Lord Lightning

Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:26 am Post

Withdrawn.

Mea Culpa
Last edited by Lord Lightning on Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:38 am Post

LL - this thread is for bug reports related to the beta, not for wish list items. :) The beta is what it is, and no new features are getting added (and there are no plans for a drop box anyway ;) ).
Just trying to keep things on-topic...
Thanks!
Keith

cl
clarimuse

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 am Post

Hi Scivener used to export the rtf files fine but in this beta there is a bug that puts jpeg data in the rtf file but calls it \pngblip. The result is that neither NeoOffice nor Papryrus can import the pictures in the rtf. I tested my theory out by doing a search and replace in the source text of the rtf and then everything worked fine. (replace \pngblip with \jpegblip)
It doesn't matter whether you choose jpeg or png in the preferences pane the tag still gets output as pngblip, but the data in the file gets written correctly!

BTW fantastic rtf import with pictures worked flawlessly on the docs I tested. This was the killer feature that made me stump up the cash.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 pm Post

Hi clarimuse, thanks, yes, another user e-mailed this bug to me a little while ago and it has been fixed for the next update.
Thanks again,
Keith

jb
jb

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:11 pm Post

Please forgive if I’ve missed this somewhere.
I’ve got ‘Enable check spelling as you type’ turned off in Preferences, but spelling *is* being checked in Project Notes. (Does not happen elsewhere.) This happens with projects new and old.
Yes, Edit>Spelling>Check Spelling as You Type, or Command-\ does turn it off, but when I close the Project and re-open, Check Spelling is on again in Project Notes. Hmm…
Is this a bug?
I don’t know whether versions earlier than 1.055b do this or not, since the Beta is all I have.

Cheers
James

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 pm Post

It's late here, but I will look into this as soon as I get chance.
Thanks!
Keith

ka
katzenjammer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:34 pm Post

Hey keith,

1.55b is the sh*t. Really. I don't know how you do it. Btw, I'm not sure when it made it in, but that "Word frequency" thingdo is phenom.

Quick question on accessing the Auto-complete list in screenwriting mode/fullscreen - I gather I can use either opt-esc (which I understand, but I keep knocking myself out of full screen) or CMD.... ummm....I'm not sure I understand this second option. Is it command - something?

Thanks & cheers!

alexwein

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:22 pm Post

katzenjammer wrote:1.55b is the sh*t. Really. I don't know how you do it.

I assume that's a good thing? :) Not that Scr. IS sh*t, but is THE sh*t? Never heard that one. :)
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

ka
katzenjammer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:44 pm Post

Hey alex!

Yah, good. Really good. Sort a like saying bad. (Wasn't Freud who said the human propensity for dualism is fossilized in word like bolt, cleave, etc.) Anywho, you the sh*t too. And hi! :wink:

edit: hey, wait, what about me question? :(

alexwein

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 pm Post

katzenjammer wrote:Hey alex!

Yah, good. Really good. Sort a like saying bad. (Wasn't Freud who said the human propensity for dualism is fossilized in word like bolt, cleave, etc.) Anywho, you the sh*t too. And hi! :wink:

edit: hey, wait, what about me question? :(

Hi back! And you are definitely the sh*t! :lol: Reminds me of something being 'wicked' or 'wicked bad' which means really good in some parts of New England. You should know that one, or is it just some parts of New Hampshire and Maine that use that expression??
-Chuck Close

ka
katzenjammer

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:26 am Post

alexwein wrote:Hi back! And you are definitely the sh*t! :lol: Reminds me of something being 'wicked' or 'wicked bad' which means really good in some parts of New England. You should know that one, or is it just some parts of New Hampshire and Maine that use that expression??

Hah! Yeah. When I was a teenager (during the American civil war), "wicked" was an intensifier (as in, "she's wicked preddy") here in eastern Massachusetts. Meanwhile, Keith ain't gonna our going on and on like this. Any thoughts on my question, though? I know you know the answer - Alex, she always knew everything. You're going to make me cry. See? :cry:

alexwein

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:29 am Post

katzenjammer wrote:Any thoughts on my question, though? I know you know the answer - Alex, she always knew everything. You're going to make me cry. See? :cry:

Mmm, I think you are getting me mixed up with Amber, who really does know everything about Scr. and the Mac OS in general!

In my experience, you can use command-period in regular mode but for some reason not in full screen. Option-escape works, but I know you were looking for an alternative. Perhaps Amber or someone else can explicate further on this one.

Sorry. Now I'm crying. :cry:

Alexandria
-Chuck Close

antony

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 am Post

Been meaning to raise this one for a while, sorry. Kept slipping my mind. And wondering if it's just me, because I was sure someone like LL or Popcorn would have mentioned it by now...

Anyway, the 'Pages (printed)' estimate in Stats doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure I've got the right options selected, and I've checked it in several different Scriv documents. As you can see from the screenshots, no matter how many words are in the Draft, Scriv insists there's only one page of printout...

Beta bug, isolated incident, or PBUAK?*

*Problem Between User And Keyboard
Antony Johnston
antonyjohnston.com

JF
JF

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:29 pm Post

Actually, I get the one page of printout bug too, no matter what the word count may be.

KB
Site Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:15 pm Post

Confirmed and on the list.
Thanks,
Keith