2.0.5.5 - Post Bugs Here

P.
P.A.Woodburn
Platform: Windows

Sun May 29, 2011 4:20 am Post

I don't know if this is a bug, but it is a problem. I wear a hearing aid and even with my computer turned to full volume I couldn't hear either of the user tapes.

Ann

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Sun May 29, 2011 7:54 am Post

Ann, where you have posted this query is the beta testing forum for the Mac version of Scrivener, I'm afraid. You'd do better to post it again within the Windows Technical Help forum, as the Windows part of the team will see it there.

But welcome to Scrivener and the Scrivener forums.

Mark
The Scrivenerato sometimes known as Mr X.
MacBook Pro Retina 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MacBook Pro 17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

ar
arielarmaita
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 pm Post

2.0.5.5 (9981) Updated to the beta due to a previous post in another area about updating a project and it going into a loop and never updating the project. Well it is still doing so with my project after updating to the above mentioned beta. Just makes a backup, and then loops the update endlessly. Figured I'd let you know that bug wasn't squashed quite yet.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 pm Post

Could you please zip up the problem project and send it to me at kb-tech-support AT literatureandlatte DOT com? The beta fixed the bug for every other project I've seen, so this must be something with another factor.
Thanks,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ar
arielarmaita
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 am Post

Just emailed you said file. Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Am new to Mac so not ruling out user error.

ho
hopkinsje

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 pm Post

I'm experiencing an inconsistent issue with Scrivener beta not scrolling correctly in the editor window.

Using Scrivener Mac 2.0.5.5 on Mac Lion (GM release); 13" Macbook Air; Intel Core 2 Duo; 4GB Ram.

1) Open Scrivener 2.0.5.5 (using Mac Lion GM release)
2) Select a scene to edit in the Binder
3) Click in the scene (text editor)
4) Try to scroll to the bottom or the scene

Sometimes only -- when I do the above, I see the scroll bar on the right of the editor as I expect. And scrolling moves the scrollbar up and down as expected. The size of the scroll bar is proportional to the amount of text I'm editing, as expected.

But the text doesn't scroll -- remains in the same position as when the scene was selected.

I've had the problem with an external mouse the my Mac trackpad. On the mouse the problem exists with either the scroll wheel or sliding the mouse.

If I click in the text window and use the arrow keys to move down through text, the cursor moves down as expected but will actually move beyond the bottom of the edit window. The text in the window doesn't scroll.

Once the problem presents itself, the behavior occurs regardless of what kind of file I'm working with (scene, research document, character template, etc.)

I've tested scrolling in other apps when I was having this issue in Scrivener. Mouse and trackpad scrolling works in a range of apps just as I'd expect.

I'm typically working in 'Use Printed Page Size" View. Problem occurs in Scrivener mode as well as in single document mode.

I'd attach a screenshot, but in Lion I have trouble capturing the scroll bar when I do a grab, so there's nothing to see.

Workaround: I can fix the issue by clicking the 'Wrap' tool twice (Toggle Page Layout mode). Haven't searched for other possible actions that might also resolve the problem.

No other unexpected problems with mousing, selecting, etc.

Sorry for not being able to consistently reproduce -- I know that makes it tough/impossible to find and fix, if it's a Scrivener issue at all.

Thanks,

Jim

Running on Macbook Air, with Lion GM beta release.

KB
Site Admin

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm Post

Hi Jim,

Could you please e-mail support AT literatureandlatte DOT com? I am unable to reproduce this issue, but unfortunately we cannot risk discussing anything to do with Lion in public since as it is still under NDA, so if you can take this to Ioa on our private support address then hopefully he'll be able to test it out.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jenny_Y8S

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:44 am Post

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a Jen issue... a 2.1 issue, a Lion issue or a 2.1.0.5 beta issue, but I've noticed that the "right click / two finger tap" context menu is slower to popup than I recall pre-lion and pre-2.1.

It's only a half a second delay (ish) but it's noticeable compared to other UI elements that pop up instantly.

Is it just me? Or is there some processing going on that causes the delay?

Oh, loving the split with selection as title in the context menu and the "back to how it was" dictionary lookup :)
Feed me chocolate, I'm developing Scrivener for iOS.

KB
Site Admin

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:06 am Post

Which contextual menu do you mean? (There are a lot of them!) Do you mean the one in the main text editor? Does the delay occur only the very first time you call it up?

Thanks!

Jenny_Y8S

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 am Post

Okay more investigation on slow popup... (It's the highlighted word context popup)

It's only when I "Secondary Click" (two finger tap) on my 13" Late 09 Mbp (8GB, SSD, Lion), when I have the "tap to click" and "secondary click" options selected in system preferences.

If I ctrl+click, it's fast.
If I switch off tap to click in preferences it's fast (but I have to click the entire touchpad which I don't like compared to the tap)

I can't test with a mouse right now as I'm away and don't have one with me, but I suspect it'll be fast

Also, it's like this in all applications, so it must be an OSX thing (or interference from something), where (for me at least) it's slower recognising the two finger tap than a single. There's no other delays on gestures though.
Feed me chocolate, I'm developing Scrivener for iOS.

beppe

Tue May 29, 2012 8:04 pm Post

The iBooks Author Chapters is great!
It is so great that I want more:
1) will it be feasible to customize the "file name" instead of "Chapter 1"? We could add for example the Folder name, for example: "Ch 01 - The Beginnig";
2) will it be also possible to chose the output format: doc, rtf, pdf? I am curious as to why docx, in my experience it seems that there are many people who haven't updated their office suite.

KB
Site Admin

Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm Post

You don't need to update your office suite - the export is for iBooks Author, and iBooks Author imports .docx files regardless of what office suite you have installed, so only one format is needed. And no, there are no plans to allow different file names at the moment, sorry - this is for iBooks Author, as I say, so there needs to be numbers in the titles in order for them to appear in the right order.
Glad you like it, though!
All the best,
Keith

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm Post

The .docx format is what works best with IBA (same as with Pages), so it wouldn't really make sense to provide other, inferior, options---especially ones that really wouldn't make sense in the context of constructing an e-book, like PDF.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

beppe

Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 pm Post

AmberV wrote:The .docx format is what works best with IBA (same as with Pages), so it wouldn't really make sense to provide other, inferior, options---especially ones that really wouldn't make sense in the context of constructing an e-book, like PDF.

IBA? Too many acronyms for me, what is it?

I thought at the PDF option for one reason. I have a manuscript (which is a collection of short stories and not chapters) and I would like to revise them in my iPad with GoodReader (or similar software). Why? Because I can draw on top of them, do my scribbles as remainders so that when I am back home I can translate my scribbles into actual sentences in Scrivener. I don't think you can really type on the iPad, maybe while waiting at the doctor's, so scribble it is. And to do this is more practical to have the manuscript chopped into chapters. It is a pain to wade thorugh long documents, especially on small devices like tablets.
The beauty of the iPad for me is this: I can choose to read a book, a manual or scribble a chapter of my manuscript.

KB
Site Admin

Tue May 29, 2012 11:07 pm Post

beppe wrote:IBA? Too many acronyms for me, what is it?

iBooks Author - please see my reply to your post directly above Ioa's. :)