The best file manager for macOS just got better: Forklift 3

Platform: Mac

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 pm Post

Of all the software I use on my machines, a file manager is by far the most frequently used and one of the most critical. Like many other Mac users, I find Apple's Finder to be lacking in many ways. But I also grew up using dual pane file managers on the Amiga and DOS, and I find dual pane file management to be much more streamlined (the broad number of dual-pane managers on every OS suggests I ain't alone). It is on sale over the next 6 days, at $19.95

Forklift is a dual-pane file manager that is fast and sleek with a whole stack of critical features and has been around for a good many years. It also has what many people think is the fastest s/FTP remote files engine on macOS. Forklift 3 has just been released and it is a stellar upgrade. The upgrade highlights are good support for Git status, integration with Dropbox, better two-way folder Sync, a return of the fast Preview pane (which even enables editing for simple files!!!). And as a fan of dark mode apps, FL3 has a very nice implementation (it also has a normal light mode too, you can switch instantly):

Platform: Mac

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:50 pm Post

Couldn't agree more. I had a problem with ForkLift 2—for some reason it simply wouldn't connect to the server I need the most—but version 3 has solved that, so it's time to say goodbye to Transmit, which has served me well for even longer than ForkLift has been around.

ForkLift Version 3 is indeed stellar!

The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.13.3, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm Post

Crikey, that does look nice. Great post OP!
Mild-mannered Technical Writer by day, closet fantasist by night
I run Scrivener on macOS and iOS :mrgreen:
NanoWriMo| Twitter | Website | Facebook