Happy Tenth Anniversary, Shipmates

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 pm Post

100g data! I don't use that at my home even with video conferencing most meetings! I could see going over 10G, but 100G... how can I get that plan?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:28 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:100g data! I don't use that at my home even with video conferencing most meetings! I could see going over 10G, but 100G... how can I get that plan?

Sorry, my bad ... getting confused! 100MB!!! :oops:

Mr X
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.13.3, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Jaysen

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 pm Post

Now THAT makes sense.

:P
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:36 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:Sorry, my bad ... getting confused! 100MB!!!
Mr X

Y' know something, since you got Image, you've lost the plot all t'gether! Get any worse, and you'll be threatening Jaysen's status as Scriv's idiosyncratic typos/keyboard shortcuts champ
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
xiamenese wrote:Sorry, my bad ... getting confused! 100MB!!!
Mr X

Y' know something, since you got Image, you've lost the plot all t'gether! Get any worse, and you'll be threatening Jaysen's status as Scriv's idiosyncratic typos/keyboard shortcuts champ

That may require a fight! It's not the type of things folks accept willingly. Unless they have no head.
Jaysen

vic-k

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:42 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:That may require a fight! It's not the type of things folks accept willingly. Unless they have no head.
May the saints preserve us, should you ever decide to go down the Dragon DictateImageroute :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:47 pm Post

I tried that. When the software started saying "please kill me, I wasn't created for this" i figured it was hopeless.
Jaysen

vic-k

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:28 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:I tried that ... i figured it was hopeless.

D'y'meanImagewas, or Image were? :?
Well at least y' spared the rest of the crew the trauma of yet another abortive attempt on your part, at cyber communication!

Jaysen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:I tried that ... i figured it was hopeless.

D'y'meanImagewas, or Image were? :?
Well at least y' spared the rest of the crew the trauma of yet another abortive attempt on your part, at cyber communication!

to your question... yes.

And I have never attempted to spare the crew. the universe is simply protecting them in spite of my efforts :P
Jaysen

vic-k

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:01 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:the universe is simply protecting them in spite of my efforts
We can't fault you for not trying.

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:17 am Post

Well, I'm pretty late (1) but just noticed this thread.

Many congratulations, Keith and the team.

And leaving out the Oxford comma, just for you, on first line ;)

Clive
(not a Brit, but lived there long enough to become a Permanent Resident. Hmm. I wonder if that's still in force now???)

kl
klcorridon
Platform: Mac

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 pm Post

This means I've been using Scrivener for ten years as well. Goodness. Somebody could have told me about the iOS version, though. Just bought it two minutes ago.
I may be an Idiot, but I'm no Fool...
For Maura, 4/7/59-11/21/09... My Muse, my Heroine, my Editor, my Patron. All that I have achieved as a writer is because of her.

vic-k

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 pm Post

klcorridon wrote:This means I've been using Scrivener for ten years as well. Goodness. Somebody could have told me about the iOS version, though. Just bought it two minutes ago.
Well! You obviously haven't been paying attention, 'ave y'?Or else you've been hibernating!
Anyway, now you are awake,
Take care
Vic

garpu
Platform: Linux

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:35 pm Post

Late happy anniversary! Maybe the celebration is an ongoing thing, like Jan. 1? Different time zones have different observances.
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm Post

Oh yes, there are still good excuses to be raising a pint. :) Thanks Garpu.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles