Bowie Drake Ioa Thanks Bye

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 pm Post

I wove some oblique and some not-so-oblique references to David Bowie into The Twenty-Five Deeds of Hanson Drake. Much as I love people reading the book, it has all grown to be too much. I’m tuning out, turning off, and dropping out. Completely.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with Scrivener, especially Ioa. Indebted.

I wish you all well. I’m done. Last post. Account closed.

Briar Kit
Account closed January 2017

Ki
Kinsey

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:58 am Post

I wonder does anyone know Briar Kit personally? This seems to be quite a worrying post from such a regular poster on the forum. Also, Briar's Instagram and Twitter profiles have been deleted, and all bar one of the pages on his/her website have been deleted.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 pm Post

Impressions gleaned from things Briar has either spoken about openly, or has alluded to, on Scriv’s fora, Briar is a lady called Rose ... hence, Briar. She, like very many members of Scriv’s crew, suffers from a quite debilitating illness, that, periodically requires powerful painkilling medication.

Private person? ... possibly. For some reason, very early on, she disabled her PM link, restricting contact with her, to the open forum, or directing anyone desirous of contacting her privately, to her website.

Obvious exemplary command of her craft(s)
I’ve just downloaded https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1535169397/ ... 607&sr=8-1
Why ... I’m wondering, has Rose seen fit to leave only one page of her online presence remaining. The very thing, incidentally, that seems to be causing her so much distress. As Kinsey has already stated, a very worrying post, from Rose (Briar). I would advise against too much supposition or conjecture, till Rose herself offer us more information. Just wish the best for her ... and wait.

Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:03 pm Post

Even with the little direct interaction I had with BK, I did respect her presence. I'm a bit unnerved as well. I do hope she returns.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Hu
Hugh

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm Post

vic-k wrote:Just wish the best for her ... and wait.

Yes.
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm Post

Damn, just saw this. Hope she's well. :(
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

Foxtrot

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:45 pm Post

I hope she is just busy writing a Hanson Drake sequel (or a prequel even).

De
Dex17
Platform: iOS

Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 am Post

Briar,

I've tried to contact you repeatedly over the last few weeks through your website. I found this forum from the mention of Scrivener in the colophon of HANSON DRAKE. I tried to PM you but you have PMs turned off.

I read in The Guardian about Hanson Drake being a proxy for David Bowie and the story being about David's final days and death: that's some insider for 2013. My colleagues and I have since read and loved HD and HATHAWAY, and we'd very much like to talk to you ASAP. Can you either PM me or reply to the messages sent through your website?

Dex

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun May 14, 2017 1:53 pm Post

Dex17 wrote:Briar,
I've tried to contact you repeatedly over the last few weeks through your website. I found this forum from the mention of Scrivener in the colophon of HANSON DRAKE. I tried to PM you but you have PMs turned off.
I read in The Guardian about Hanson Drake being a proxy for David Bowie and the story being about David's final days and death: that's some insider for 2013. My colleagues and I have since read and loved HD and HATHAWAY, and we'd very much like to talk to you ASAP. Can you either PM me or reply to the messages sent through your website?
Dex
Briar Kit wrote:I wove some oblique and some not-so-oblique references to David Bowie into The Twenty-Five Deeds of Hanson Drake. Much as I love people reading the book, it has all grown to be too much. I’m tuning out, turning off, and dropping out. Completely.

Dex,
with all due respect, how ever well intended your post may be, it comes across as overly insistent, possibly a prime example of the very thing that caused Briar to crash out, in the first place.
Take care
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

De
Dex17

Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 am Post

Vic, you are right.

Briar, if you have seen the messages sent through your website, you will know that we will fully respect your wishes. If you haven't seen those messages, in summary, we want to represent your interests in respect of HANSON DRAKE, HATHAWAY and your future works. We will always strive to protect and respect your private and public profiles, and if we can't put together a plan that you are entirely happy with, we will accept your decision not to sign with us without question. We really do just want to have an opportunity to discuss our ideas with you as we think your work has so much to offer in print and film.

Briar, we won't write again. But if you ever see this message, even months or years from now, and want to contact us, please send a PM or see the email messages already sent.

Dex

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 am Post

Dex17 wrote:Vic, you are right.

<goes on to do more of same wrong behavior>

DUDE. Not cool. Briar's wishes are pretty damn clear, and you continuing to insist that you just want Briar to know you're ready to keep harassing.

DUDE.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 am Post

No one has ever proved that Briar Kit wasn't David Bowie. Just sayin'.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

De
Dex17

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:47 am Post

I thought this might be good news to share as Briar updated her website since I last visited it a couple of weeks ago.

https://briarkitesme.wordpress.com

She says Hanson Drake is about the death of Bowie.