God luv 'em!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 pm Post

I wonder what Fluff would say about :roll: this lot, if she were still here/
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 pm Post

Once again, Scrivener’s feckless Moderators ... <-a euphemism if ever there was one! ... have exceeded all expectations by allowing this abominable pseudo intellectualisation of the noble craft of Off-Topicking!! This nihilistic approach to Forum Etiquette should be crushed, without further ado!!
Disappointed Fluff!
PS Pangur bán isn't too happy, either!
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm Post

vic-k wrote:So ... you're stood in the middle of the prairie, and y' know ... y' just know y're gonna be struck by lightning any second. How you respond will depend upon whether the lightning is positively charged, or negatively charged ... won't it?

In the event there's a shard of sobriety to this comment my dearest brethren, I would say, that clearly, you would consider the experience sublime -- dynamic, not mathematical-- if you want to get specific, until the moment the charge ended your life. This is regardless of whether the charge is positive or negative. Even being struck by lightning, one can find beauty as one can get accustomed to the pain of a lightning bolt if one is struck by lightning enough times. If however, the pain is too much, and one cannot find not one ounce of sublimity in it, then really, it cannot be considered sublime. It just sucks.

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 am Post

Why do I get the vibe that Fluff IS Vic-y...

vic-k

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 pm Post

Photo on 09-08-2016 at 13.42.jpeg
Photo on 09-08-2016 at 13.42.jpeg (21.95 KiB) Viewed 867 times

No vibes needed, yossi, 's no secret that Fluff/Lilly was my cat. She was incredibly idiosyncratic, and almost human in her ability to communicate, for which she used a phenomenal range of vocal sounds and facial expression. You engaged with her on her terms or not at all.
Once folk got to know her, they'd agree that she could 'talk'
She'd quiet often jump up on my desk, and park her arse between me and the iMac. She seemed fascinated by my activity at the keyboard, and the goings-on on the screen. It was inevitable, I suppose, that she acquired her own voice on-line. Being so familiar with her mind-set, it required no effort at all to respond to any given scenario, from Fluff/Lilly's point of view.
She was 18 yrs old when she died ... it left quite a gap. If you see Fluff's avatar, I'm only tapping the keys ... it's Fluff/Lilly doing the talking.
Take care,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:47 pm Post

Male spawn still has a picture of Fluff as a memento of his trip to Manchester/Blackpool. Not an animal that can ever be replaced...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Male spawn still has a picture of Fluff as a memento of his trip to Manchester/Blackpool. Not an animal that can ever be replaced...

:lol: Yeah! She took to Joshua, didn't she? You'll have to tell him that she's looking down on him from the Astral Plane. :wink:
Take care
Vic