Blog template

L0
L0uise
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:21 pm Post

Hi

Many years ago I ran a book blog, life got on top of me and I had to stop, I'm now hoping to start it up again. I have it in my head that Literature and Latte used to have an awesome blog template.
Am I imagining it?
Does it still exist?
If not, can anyone recommend another template, more specifically a post template for book blogs?

Thanks

Louise

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:33 pm Post

LOuise
Welcome aboard Scrivener,
Have you tried doing a search for: "web blog template"
VIC.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Pa
PaigeElizabethTurner
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm Post

Gee Vic, that wasn't very helpful.

Hi Louise. I can go only one step further: look at Wordpress.

vic-k

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 pm Post

PaigeElizabethTurner wrote:Gee Vic, that wasn't very helpful.
Well, it's as helpful as I intend t' be ... cos, if I offered technical help to anyone, it would result in motherboard meltdown, hard-drive seizure, and the steady drip-drop-tinkle-tinkle of pixels falling from their screen, until it resembled nothing more than a hazy starry night ... like my poor old iMac Image :cry: :cry:

Anyway, babe, I was asking if Louise had done a search of Scriv's fora (<-- that's a posh word for forums, like wot they use on the upper decks), not World Wide Wotchymacallithingy 'tinternet. If she does a Scriv search using the appropriate search terms, that only she knows best, she could unearth what she's looking for :wink: ,

Vic x x x
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Pa
PaigeElizabethTurner
Platform: Windows

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 am Post

Ah, I am merely a subordinate to your intelligence!!

We can hope that Louise responds with her findings and sets up a quick blog. She'll have at least two devoted readers here!

vic-k

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:13 pm Post

PaigeElizabethTurner wrote:Ah, I am merely a subordinate to your intelligence!!
Fair maiden, first thing y'do ... sooner rather than later ... is delete that :roll: Not only are you damning yourself in perpetuity to the status of ameba in the primordial cesspit, even the Portlanders (Oregon, not Dorset (Bilge Rattus Rattus)), who inhabit the bilges beneath our feet, will treat you with disdain. Replace the quote with something like,
PaigeElizabethTurner wrote:
Ahh ... so it seems you're not quite as intellectually deficient as would first appear
Most Scriveners are congenital fundamentalists, and can't handle 'tongue-in-cheek', irony, satire ' etc., etc.

Take care,
Vic

zikade
Platform: Mac

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 am Post

vic-k wrote:Most Scriveners are congenital fundamentalists

Sir!
Yours to command...
There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't...

vic-k

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19 pm Post

THIS POST WILL SELF-DESRUCT IN .....
Last edited by vic-k on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zikade
Platform: Mac

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:40 am Post

vic-k wrote:Then await details of your next assignment.

Commandant v-k

At last, the Marshalsea, I guess?
There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't...

vic-k

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm Post

THIS POST WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN ....
Last edited by vic-k on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:48 pm Post

I do seem to recall there being one, but I thought it was user-created? It rings a bell, but I'm not finding an official Scrivener one.
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

vic-k

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:13 pm Post

garpu wrote:I do seem to recall there being one, but I thought it was user-created? It rings a bell, but I'm not finding an official Scrivener one.
Thats why I asked if she'd done a search (Scriv search) with 'thread specific' search terms. Every time I do a search I end up miles away, reading all kings of unrelated threads. I've just bought David Hewson's first two novels in his Pieter Vos, Amsterdam detective series, as a consequence of reading viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13158&hilit=Scrivener+Blog+Template&start=15
Carrying on like this could cost me a fortune. Anyway, Louise seems to have moved on. Probably time we did too. :?
Take care
Vic

garpu
Platform: Linux

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:02 am Post

vic-k wrote:
garpu wrote:I do seem to recall there being one, but I thought it was user-created? It rings a bell, but I'm not finding an official Scrivener one.
Thats why I asked if she'd done a search (Scriv search) with 'thread specific' search terms. Every time I do a search I end up miles away, reading all kings of unrelated threads. I've just bought David Hewson's first two novels in his Pieter Vos, Amsterdam detective series, as a consequence of reading viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13158&hilit=Scrivener+Blog+Template&start=15
Carrying on like this could cost me a fortune. Anyway, Louise seems to have moved on. Probably time we did too. :?
Take care
Vic

I did find a number of ways of organizing various blog posts with a Scrivener project, which is giving me the itch to blog again. But blogging is work--one has to not only write posts, but also do promotion. I'm notoriously bad at self-promotion. It seems like creative types are expected to wear all hats these days: produce content, market content, publish content, etc. A friend of mine, another composer, was remarking that with many grants, you're expected to be a social worker, as well. (That is, what kind of community outreach you're doing in addition to getting a piece performed.)
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

vic-k

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:34 pm Post

garpu wrote:I did find a number of ways of organizing various blog posts with a Scrivener project, which is giving me the itch to blog again. But blogging is work--one has to not only write posts, but also do promotion. I'm notoriously bad at self-promotion. It seems like creative types are expected to wear all hats these days: produce content, market content, publish content, etc. A friend of mine, another composer, was remarking that with many grants, you're expected to be a social worker, as well. (That is, what kind of community outreach you're doing in addition to getting a piece performed.)
OK, y's all!! Got it sorted! https://duckduckgo.com/?q=How+to+blog&b ... 2-1&ia=web
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiov0L4blIw

Happy Bloggin'!!
Vic