Hello

Pa
PaigeElizabethTurner
Platform: Windows

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:31 pm Post

Is this where we say 'hello'?

I'm Paige from West Midlands and am on the trial run of Scrivener (Windows). I really don't know what I'm doing on here because I should be trying to sort out all the fields and drop-down menus on the program!

I'm not totally thick (or blonde) because I have been using Write-it-Now (V4) for some time, so I have noticed some similarities. Guess I'll poke around here for a while and see if I can learn anything. My usual Forum activity is via Writers Online.

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm Post

PaigeElizabethTurner wrote:Is this where we say 'hello'?

I'm Paige from West Midlands and am on the trial run of Scrivener (Windows). I really don't know what I'm doing on here because I should be trying to sort out all the fields and drop-down menus on the program!

I'm not totally thick (or blonde) because I have been using Write-it-Now (V4) for some time, so I have noticed some similarities. Guess I'll poke around here for a while and see if I can learn anything. My usual Forum activity is via Writers Online.

Hello ;)
Account closed January 2017

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 am Post

Dearest Paige,
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is: Yes. Yes, inasmuch as it has become the place where the unsuspecting; the vulnerable; the naive and the innocent, who, having first made the mistake of joining the crew of leaky old ship, Scrivener, as it ploughs the tempestuous seas of Literary Endeavour, assume, once again, mistakenly, that Scriv’s bottom deck And Now For That Latte is the the place to seek and find: friendship, camaraderie, bonhomie, and that welcoming helping hand. F’get it! Scrivener’s intelligentsia avoid the lower deck, as they would contact with bubonic plague!

Be careful who you talk to down here, and under no circumstances lend any other members of the crew money ... no matter how heartrending their proffered plight.

Welcome aboard, Paige,
Take care
Vic x x x
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

yosimiti

Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:28 pm Post

Greetings Earthling,

Welcome to the world of Scrivener! In case you haven't figured it out Vic-K is essentially bat-shit-crazy, though still very much a genius that is bat-shit-crazy. The 'Vic-k effect', essentially is what happens when you spend your life on forums such as these. But that's not a bad thing...sort of...

I hope you enjoy writing with Scrivener, and should you ever be blessed with getting an Apple computer or one of them skinny devices they call, after tampons, iPads, or, after spaceships, iPods, or after E.T., iPhones (I-phone phone home to all you Spielberg fans) be sure to try out Scrivener for iOS!

Yosimiti

vic-k

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:Greetings Earthling,
Welcome to the world of Scrivener! In case you haven't figured it out Vic-K is essentially bat-shit-crazy, though still very much a genius that is bat-shit-crazy. The 'Vic-k effect', essentially is what happens when you spend your life on forums such as these. But that's not a bad thing...sort of...
I hope you enjoy writing with Scrivener, and should you ever be blessed with getting an Apple computer or one of them skinny devices they call, after tampons, iPads, or, after spaceships, iPods, or after E.T., iPhones (I-phone phone home to all you Spielberg fans) be sure to try out Scrivener for iOS!
Yosimiti

Hmm, interesting. Apropos the above:
As was muted in closed forum, some nine months ago, Yosimiti was thought to have contracted the Cafeteria roenbergensis scrivirus. Judging by the enclosed quote, it would appear our earlier fears have been realised. There is, at this point in time, no known cure.
Do Take care
Dr Mulality.
Scrivener Behavioural Psychologist
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

yosimiti

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:54 pm Post

Indeed...

vic-k

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:29 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:Indeed...

Indeed, indeed!Image Remind you of anybody? :?

Dear Paige,
As with yosimiti (or young yossi, as he like to be called), so it is with all those affected by :roll: A propensity for OFF-TOPICing But ... given time ... a lot of time, plus an inordinate about of patience, you could become immune to it ... if you're one of the fortunate.

So with no further ado, back on topic, and Welcome, once again aboard Scrivener, Paige,
Take care
Vic

yosimiti

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:48 pm Post

Great, now I'm sure she thinks she's entered crazy-town. Feels like the US elections...

vic-k

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 pm Post

Yossi, if y're reading this, close you eyes NOW!!!
T'night, I'shall be curling up with Olivia Watts, Paige's main protagonist/heroine in:
Might even have an early night! :twisted:

yosimiti

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:34 pm Post

Damn she is an actual writer...

Ah well, there goes creating good first impressions...

Good job Vic -p

Jaysen

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm Post

Talk about parent's making a good prediction for her future...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm Post

Gleaned from Paige's Blog:
Paige’s father was a journalist with London’s Daily Telegraph. (Perhaps the journalist’s warped sense of humour led to Paige’s given name!)

Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt. If she has inherited her dad's warped sense of humour, she'll have a niche already prepared for her here on Scriv's lower deck. She could be lurking here already for all we know :shock:

Jaysen

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 pm Post

vic-k wrote:Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt.

Dont' you think thats pointing out the advantages given to nails is a bit mean?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Dont' you think thats pointing out the advantages given to nails is a bit mean?
I had a choice of two options:
a) Speak the truth, "Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt."
b) Be kind, and my post would've read, "Y' could've, :roll:, Numpt."

Jaysen

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:24 pm Post

Fine. I concede the point. This time.

About that yossi guy... Seems awful new to be pointing out the truth about your mental state so openly. I'm not sure if he is particularly brazen or you've lost your edge. There wasn't the normal level of fear and trepidation we've come to expect. You feeling ok these days?
Jaysen