Scrivener Hallmark Moment: Tin

Jot
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:48 pm Post

Yep. Ten years of using Scrivener. Doesn't seem possible. I have used all the versions (Mac and Windows), including "Gold". Good times.

I will admit that I have watched the long, seemingly endless discussion in the forum about the development of the iOS version. I eye-rolled. I silently dismissed. iOS version? Pish Posh, I thought to myself. Pish posh. What could one possibly do on a phone?

And then I received a gift ipad. And I had to complete my Scrivener set. Had to.

It's...fantastic. Damn you. It's had a similar effect that moving from Word to Scrivener had all those years ago. Revolutionary to my workflow. I love the iOS version with a very disturbing passion. The 'normal' versions are jealous.

Crap.

I hate being wrong.

I take back the pish and the posh and the resulting eye-roll.

To Keith (and Kevin) and all the L&L team - thank you for all your hard work on Scrivener over the last decade plus. It's still Gold to me!
J

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:25 pm Post

Jot wrote: It's still Gold to me!
Can't say nicer than that, Kev. :D
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:21 pm Post

Thank you, Jot!

We'll be officially celebrating our ten year anniversary in January, as we officially released Scrivener 1.0 in January 2007 (wow, that suddenly feels like a long time ago). But it was in public beta for nearly two years before that, so it's great to hear of people celebrating their ten year anniversary with Scrivener already. :)

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."