Exercising and writing...

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:50 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:Yeah, I'd like to know your secret too! Of course, I'll respect you if you feel it's too personal to share. Weight issues are difficult to express, I find. Only through anonymity (i.e., L&L's Board) would I even bother!

Tried to send it to you last night after I posted, actually, via PM -- but you have PMs shut off...
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

devinganger

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 am Post

vic-k wrote:
devinganger wrote:I didn't drop 50 lbs. by altering my diet, my portion sizes, or even my exercise level. I'd already tried all those and was *gaining* weight.
Dev, me old mate, you already know the question I don't need to ask ... so what's the answer? You seem to be posting from a vantage point, built on a foundation of practical common sense, knowledge and experience. So, how did you lose your 50 lb.?

Sent via PM.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:50 am Post

My PM is on now, so feel free to send. Sorry mate, still am a little newbie (though admittedly a talkative one) to this whole forum business...

devinganger

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:29 am Post

yosimiti wrote:My PM is on now, so feel free to send. Sorry mate, still am a little newbie (though admittedly a talkative one) to this whole forum business...

No worries, and done.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:14 am Post

devinganger wrote:No worries, and done.
And very much appreciated, too. A cupboard full of food for thought.
yosimiti wrote:My PM is on now, so feel free to send. Sorry mate, still am a little newbie (though admittedly a talkative one) to this whole forum business...
yosi baby, I noticed that a while back ... thought you must be one of Scriv's alooferati :?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

vic-k

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:44 am Post

vic-k wrote:Yosi baby,
But!! It is attainable, and a healthy diet and plenty of exercise never did anyone any harm. Remember: Patience is virtue ... and all good things come to he who waits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEYHzSDWOeM

Yosi, baby,
My use of the Pearly Elixir, in my championing of patience in your quest for perfection, i.e. a svelte 'yosi baby', was allegorical, 'twas not to urge you toward its consumption, but rather an appreciation of it journey from tap-to-tongue. Tis a journey that require a degree of patience on the part of the disciple who awaits its coming. In the hands of a maestro, the pint glass is filled from the pump, slowly, in three stages: filled half way, then left to rest, allowing the chaos and turbulence therein to settle somewhat, after which, the maestro will return to the glass and slowly add more Pearly Elixir to almost its optimum level, when once more, the maestro will allow it to rest before returning and topping it up and placing it on the counter/alter within reach of the disciple. At this stage a true maestro will not demand payment, but will, instead, leave the disciple alone with the pint glass of Pearly Elixir Imageduring which time the disciple will gaze in awe at the chaos/turbulence evident through the glass, emulating the enactment of the BigBang/creation of the Universe, taking place before his eyes. The fourth, and ultimate, hitherto unmentioned stage of the journey, is the acquiring of a foam moustache by the disciple, as he or she, takes their first sip ... or ... steps onto the scales, and looks, and smiles, savouring the same sense of satisfaction at having achieved 100 lb. weigh reduction. All of which, is an, all around the houses way of saying ... hang on in there, yosi, cos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEYHzSDWOeM
You will get there, you and Jaysen :wink:
Good luck
Vic
Last edited by vic-k on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

yosimiti

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm Post

bubble tea rocks!
Last edited by yosimiti on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

vic-k

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:16 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
vic-k wrote:Yosi baby,
But!! It is attainable, and a healthy diet and plenty of exercise never did anyone any harm. Remember: Patience is virtue ... and all good things come to he who waits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEYHzSDWOeM

Yosi, baby,
My use of the Pearly Elixir, in my championing of patience in your quest for perfection, i.e. a svelte 'yosi baby', was allegorical, 'twas not to urge you toward its consumption, but rather an appreciation of it journey from tap-to-tongue. Tis a journey that require a degree of patience on the part of the disciple who awaits its coming. In the hands of a maestro, the pint glass is filled from the pump, slowly, in three stages: filled half way, then left to rest, allowing the chaos and turbulence therein to settle somewhat, after which, the maestro will return to the glass and slowly add more Pearly Elixir to almost its optimum level, when once more, the maestro will allow it to rest before returning and topping it up and placing it on the counter/alter within reach of the disciple. At this stage a true maestro will not demand payment, but will, instead, leave the disciple alone with the pint glass of Pearly Elixir Imageduring which time the disciple will gaze in awe at the chaos/turbulence evident through the glass, emulating the enactment of the BigBang/creation of the Universe, taking place before his eyes. The fourth, and ultimate, hitherto unmentioned stage of the journey, is the acquiring of a foam moustache by the disciple, as he or she, takes their first sip ... or ... steps onto the scales, and looks, and smiles, savouring the same sense of satisfaction at having achieved 100 lb. weigh reduction. All of which, is an, all around the houses way of saying ... hang on in there, yosi, cos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEYHzSDWOeM
You will get there, you and Jaysen :wink: Dev's already got his act t'gether.
Good luck
Vic

Something not quite right :roll: above! I've got this image in my head of Socrates and Plato, strolling around the market square, stopping for a drink at Harry Stottle Snr.'s Drinks Emporium.
"Here y' go gents! on the House, New in t'day"
"Chees Harry", Plato said, raising the drink to his lips.
"SPLUURRRRRTTT!!", Socrates spluttered, as Plato concurred unequivocally.
"URRRGG!! WOTTHEF***!!!"
"My sentiments entirely, young Plato", old Soc said. "Wot exactly are we drinking, Harry?"
"Bubble Tea, from Sparta."
"Why doesn't that surprise me?", Plato asked of Socrates. For once Socrates was speechless.
So was Vic-k

yosimiti

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:04 pm Post

Yeah, I can pretty much imagine most philosophers of antiquity would like bubble tea...I can imagine them drinking the tapioca ball- through deep wooden/bamboo straws (they didn't have plastic back then I think) and spitting the balls at each other during philosophical discourses on the nature of existence...

vic-k

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:Yeah, I can pretty much imagine most philosophers of antiquity would like bubble tea...
Yeah, well, that's wot the psychi-medics call: Overactive Imagination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfa4rAa-Qqw A course of counselling should sort that for y'.

yosimiti

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 pm Post

vic-k wrote: Overactive Imagination.

Nah man, my imagination beyond being overactive. I have a PhD in Bullshitology, so folks like myself require bubble tea to keep things real yo.