Picture to avatar

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:50 pm Post

No.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:09 pm Post

OK. But I'm contented to be the local headless idiot. It... suits me well.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:20 pm Post

Finally, I have an avatar here!

:D

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.13.3, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
iPad Air 2, iOS 11, 64GB
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 pm Post

All I know about that is that a <body> without a <head> wouldn't pass the W3 validator.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

vic-k

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:08 pm Post

What the hell is a W3 Gladiator? :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 am Post

Perhaps you can spot which one is the W3 Gladiator!

.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:OK. But I'm contented to be the local headless idiot. It... suits me well.

Does this mean you're remotely controlled or autonomous? ;)
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

Jaysen

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:23 pm Post

I would suggest that I'm not auto-anything. The Mrs agrees. She has to remind me to do things regularly...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Perhaps you can spot which one is the W3 Gladiator!

Got 'im! :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kqljPfe_s

vic-k

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 am Post

Jaysen wrote:I would suggest that I'm not auto-anything.

:? So ... y're not stating categorically that y're either/neither this-that-or-t'other? Leaving it up to us to come to our own conclusions? Brave of you ... but a bit risky :?, risqué even ... or at least our responses could be :shock:

Jaysen

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 pm Post

I have full confidence in your ability to liven up the conversation!
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:06 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:I'm not auto-anything.
auto from the Greek: αὐτός meaning: self, would/could suggest that you see yourself as ... nothing! ... which begs the question ... If, you're nothing, how can you notsee yourself with any degree of certainty that sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur, and furthermore, in the whole of the Cosmos, there's no such thing as nothing. Even the friggin vacuum is full of crap! So, even if you at vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati, know worram sayin' numpt?

Jaysen

Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm Post

I comprehend. And while I want to suggest that arguet mundum aeternum in hominis figura, hominis anima, non in fine omnium tempus, nihil Nos igitur affectum rationis invocantem exaudierit me dicas 'tu et "temere occurance veram vim quam rem? Although that buck the trend.
Jaysen

vic-k

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:25 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Although that buck the trend.
Well, not really. Y'see, with your wonky keyboard, all your pronouncements tend to be trend setting. :(

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:46 pm Post

As expected, I haven't the faintest clue as what this conversation is about despite my having started the thread. :shock: