Picture to avatar

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:17 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:As expected, I haven't the faintest clue as what this conversation is about despite my having started the thread.

Yossi, don’t beat y’self up over your incomprehension. The purveying, dissemination, harvesting, collating and subsequent interpretation of the puerile, is an acquired skill, demanding, effort, and dedication over many, many years. That skill will one day be yours ... I have no doubt ... patience my friend.
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm Post

Are you sure that's a problem?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Are you sure that's a problem?

Depends on how viciously he beats himself up!! :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm Post

I don't believe in violence of any kind. Well, except in novels, tv shows and films.

but yes, I'm still flummoxed over this convo, so I will go back to my little hole in the ground and start writing.

vic-k

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:11 pm Post

yossi,
was gonna say, if you do learn to make sense of this thread's puerile evolutionary process, then you'll be well equipped to take on Joyce's Finnegan's Wake, but somehow it doesn't seem so smartarsed, having just unearthed this sad news about our buddy, Frank Delaney. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35687&p=230795#p230795

Vic

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:00 am Post

AmberV wrote:I've enabled Gravatar support as well as the ability to upload your own.

Is something broken with it? In the past several days I've gotten the generic Gravatar logo for my avatar, but other Gravatar-aware sites around the net still show my normal picture.

(Before anyone races to tell me it's fixed because my smiling face and Sounders green Mohawk is gracing your screen -- thank you, but no, it's not. I uploaded my avatar and turned off Gravatar for the time being.)
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm Post

Seems to be working fine for me, I just gave the settings a toggle, and with my main Gravatar address plugged in the current one I'm using globally appears. Do you have any settings on their end that might be confusing a simple implementation?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles