The latest from Apple

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:07 pm Post

PJS wrote:It was probably "feathered" that aggravated him. The other stuff, yeah, about right.
phil

Funny! ... ain't y" pfffrrrtttttt!!!!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 pm Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's a HAW? J mentioned it. Trying to piece out this fundamentally deep and meaningful conversation.

vic-k

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:44 am Post

yosimiti wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but what's a HAW? J mentioned it

WOT!!? Image
I refuse t' believe this!!! I feel like Mark Antony at Caesar's funeral as he gazes in to his friend's coffin, "Bear with me; My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar, and I must pause till it come back to me."
I'll have t' sit down with a mug of tea, and try and regain my equilibrium.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

vic-k

Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:25 pm Post

For the benefit of the uninitiated (of which, I find it inconceivable that there could be any), HAW is the English/Anglo Saxon abbreviation for Hirsuitum Posterious Weldercusi, which, in the now redundant language of Etruscatin* means: Hairy Arsed Welder(s)

* Etruscatin is or was, a hybrid language of Latin/Etruscan that flourished all but fleetingly, circa, 100 BC, during the death throes of the mighty Etruscan civilisation, and the burgeoning influence of the nascent Roman empire.
In 47 BC a group of Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Turkish forge welders got t’gether and founded The Order of Hirsuitum Posterious Weldercusi. With the coming of the Renaissance, the Order was renamed, The Ancient and Noble Order of Hirsuitum Posterious Weldercusi. Of which, it is my honour to be, The High Grand Master.

yosimiti

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:07 pm Post

What do you weld?

vic-k

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:25 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:What did you weld?
Amongst other thingsImageImageImage and...Image ... and before you ask, ... no, we didn't weld camels. Or dromedaries.

PJ
PJS

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:13 pm Post

Thank you, Vic. I worried for a moment that your representations of welding skill might slip ever so gently into the smaller-size technologies, and thence into electronics, from which it would be altogether to easy a tumble into digital gizmoleration, leading the unwary inadvertently back into dangerous proximity to the original topic.

Which would have been a fecking shame.

phil
You can't conquer stupid — or cure it — with more stupid.

vic-k

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:44 am Post

PJS wrote:Thank you, Vic. I worried for a moment that your representations of welding skill might slip ever so gently into the smaller-size technologies, and thence into electronics, from which it would be altogether to easy a tumble into digital gizmoleration, leading the unwary inadvertently back into dangerous proximity to the original topic. Which would have been a fecking shame.
phil

Young Master Philip,
apropos Brain implants...
Wikipedia wrote
Brain implants, often referred to as neural implants, are technological devices that connect directly to a biological subject's brain – usually placed on the surface of the brain, or attached to the brain's cortex. A common purpose of modern brain implants and the focus of much current research is establishing a biomedical prosthesis circumventing areas in the brain that have become dysfunctional after a stroke or o…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_implant

... and loath as I am to engage in the dastardly pursuit of off-topicing, I feel I have a moral duty to spare those of Scriv's crew who may venture so low as the bottom deck, from the horror of the sudden realisation that: 'The Truth is not out there somewhere', the truth :roll: is here and now!! And it doesn't take much of a leap of the imagination, to be wondering if Samsung manufacture any of these widely used devices
note-7-fire-625x352.jpg
note-7-fire-625x352.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
as well as their amazing Samsung Note 7. It could add a whole new strata of interpretation to the expression, "Ahh well, he always was a bit of a hot-head."

Hu
Hugh

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 pm Post

:( :o :lol:
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

vic-k

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:28 pm Post

Hugh wrote: :( :o :lol:

Y' know worram sayin', don't ya?

yosimiti

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:22 pm Post

Aren't HAWs fundamentally responsible for the Samsung fiasco?

Why does this feel like deja vu...

vic-k

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:51 am Post

yosimiti wrote:Aren't HAWs fundamentally responsible for the Samsung fiasco?
Why? :? Pray tell.
yosimiti wrote:Why does this feel like deja vu...
Why? :? Pray tell.

Jaysen

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:28 am Post

Because they need to be responsible for something?

Other then the state of the red lion that is...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

yosimiti

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:56 am Post

My suspicion is that these so called HAWs left little tiny hairs in each Samsung device thus causing all the little explosions. Who else can we blame but the HAWs?

As to the déjà vu perhaps it's something from another life.

J, what do you mean by the red lion?

vic-k

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:40 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:My suspicion is that these so called HAWs left little tiny hairs in each Samsung device thus causing all the little explosions. Who else can we blame but the HAWs?
As to the déjà vu perhaps it's something from another life.
J, what do you mean by the red lion?
I give up! :( Next thing he'll be asking, "Wot's a KIWCS?