Dark Feathered Hearts - science fantasy

me
melmoth2

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am Post

I've just released Dark Feathered Hearts, the final volume in my four-book series The Book of the Colossus. Once again, it was written and compiled in Scrivener, which I think I'm just about getting used to :). I finally got round to making a standard template for writing based on a stripped-down version of Karen Wiesner's method which helps no end. Scrivener compiled straight to Kindle with no problem. I used a Word doc for Smashwords and InDesign for Createspace. I created the cover in Houdini 15 and Photoshop. The other thing I've started to do is set up a writing Gantt chart to try and get my productivity up (at the moment it's a novel a year but I'm not getting any younger so I need to speed up) - so when one book is maturing in a drawer I plan the next - not sure if it will work though, it's probably going to need more discipline than I possess.

Anyway - for anyone who is interested in space opera, science fiction/fantasy or new weird here's the blurb and link to Amazon:

Max and Abby race against time to find the Machine Men and stop the creation of a mad god who will destroy everything. Leading a rag-tag band of monsters, witches and exiles they make their way across an ancient wilderness shrouded in endless night. But in the centre of this desolation they come across one of their deadliest foes, and discover the true extent of the conspiracy against mankind. Only two choices remain, they can either set the Giants that will form the deity’s mind against each other, or they can risk everything on a journey to the very edge of their universe.

Crysanthe spends her days hunting escaped mutants through the wood and canvas corridors of the Brittle Hag’s starship, trying to forget her past in the endless labyrinth. The vast landscapes of the craft have become her refuge, but the vessel is under attack from an unknown intelligence outside reality itself. The general and her Abhuman allies must survive long enough for her to beg the last alien gods to save humanity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Feathered-Hearts-Book-Colossus-ebook/dp/B01EUWA5I0?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

DarkFeatheredHearts300.jpg
DarkFeatheredHearts300.jpg (196.63 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 am Post

Congratulations.

Good luck

Briar Kit
Account closed January 2017

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 am Post

Well, that's it, all four now on my Kindle fire and iMac.
As if my poor old brain wasn't scrambled enough already :cry:

Good luck with Dark Feathered Hearts, John :wink:
Take care
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

me
melmoth2

Sun May 01, 2016 6:59 am Post

Thank you very much, :)