Scrivener 1.0 now available for purchase

gerry

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:12 pm Post

Congratulations Keith!

Now, before I go directly to my purchase ...

How long are we gonna have to wait for 2.0?

8)

OK ... just kidding.

Gerry

dj
djfrantz

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 pm Post

Keith,
don't know if you have seen it, but Merlin Mann of 43Folders has posted a raving review that just hit the front page of Digg.com...
so prepare to be attacked :D

http://www.43folders.com/2007/01/21/scrivener-review/
http://digg.com/apple/Scrivener_Powerfu ... or_writers

edit: i see you have posted to Merlin's review, so you may be aware of this :D

da
daveyc

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:33 am Post

keith, very cool, i pinged gina earlier today after pinging her earlier about that whole devonthink versus scrivener dialogue, and she posted about scrivener this afternoon:

http://lifehacker.com/software/word-pro ... 230504.php

nice press!

En
Engelbrecht

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 am Post

Congratulations Keith. Purchased my copy yesterday and will buy one for my wife today. Also a glowing review on my blog.

Now get on with the novel, you slacker.

br
brianogilvie

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:45 pm Post

Like others, I have tried and rejected several other apps for that spot in the workflow between research and editing a finished draft--WriteRoom, CopyWrite, Ulysses, NoteBook, DEVONthink, and probably several others. With Scrivener you seem to have hit the nail on the head. I'll keep DEVONthink for my note-taking, but I'll be writing my next book with Scrivener. Thanks!

Brian Ogilvie

ed
edf
Platform: Linux

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:30 pm Post

First application I've seen that makes it hard to stop writing. Got one for home and one for the office -- that should cover a few celebratory rounds at the pub.

Of course my cynical side thinks this is all a marketing ploy by Keith to drum up a loyal audience for the novel he has undoubtedly finished months ago ;)

to
tonyc5000

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:43 pm Post

Keith

It's only wednesday evening and there are already 5 pages of glowing praise and thanks for the release of Scrivener.

I guess this starts page 6....

Nice that the launch coincided with a high pound sterling to US dollar exchange rate - an even bigger bargain.

Thanks

Tony

to
tonyc5000

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:43 pm Post

Keith

It's only wednesday evening and there are already 5 pages of glowing praise and thanks for the release of Scrivener.

I guess this starts page 6....

Nice that the launch coincided with a high pound sterling to US dollar exchange rate - an even bigger bargain.

Thanks

Tony

je
jean-louis

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 pm Post

with the words

SCRIVENER IS THE BEST

and a draft of air we obtain this:

SECRETIVENESS BIRTH

So, don't believe in that benighted mismanagrammatization and talk up about it !
jean-louis

li
linn

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:27 pm Post

Congratulations, Keith! It seems superflluous to add more, but you deserve every single congrats that comes your way and many more. No doubt Steve Jobs will be in touch with you soon about bundling Scrivener so as to sell more Macs.

Best wishes,
Linn

jc
jcsilvia

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:28 pm Post

Keith,

Well, it's a hell of a program, that's for sure. I've enjoyed watching the process from beta to blast off, and I'm proud to purchase a copy of one of the finest pieces of writing software I've seen. Congrats and looking forward to what else becomes of "The Scriv'"

Amaru

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:57 pm Post

Keith, I was away from home for a couple of weeks, and I'm delighted to find Scrivener 1.0 already released. I just registered, and I wanted to congratulate you for you patience and the effort invested in this tool that, at least for me, is redefining the way I write with a computer. It's been thrilling to be see the evolution of this app.

I hope that you'll get a lot of registrations, so you can put your very own Scrivener to use and write.

Bl
Blue

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:01 pm Post

I use Scrivener since december, and I find it very useful and very well done. The interface too is so nice. But I still didn't buy it because I find it a bit too expensive. I think that 19.99 would have been enough. Expecially when compared with free software as Jourlen, not so well done but... free.

brewbat

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:43 pm Post

I don't want to rekindle the fray about Scrivener's pricing that has already been debated in these forums (sorry, too lazy to find and link...)

But I would note that Journler is not free. It's donationware for personal use. The developer has been very generous in not disabling the app in any way, but if you value the program you should consider donating.

My .02

ho
howarth

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 pm Post

I just paid for my version and think that it's an astounding bargain. Lunch for two in my town is 40 bucks. A new sweater is 120. A trip to the dentist, Oy. 35 dollars buys a year of Time magazine, 15 days of the New York Times, and a third of a ticket to Broadway.

The price is more than fair, considering the time Keith has spent on Scrivener. He's right to charge a fee, since donations come only from folks with a conscience, and they are always in short supply.
Last edited by howarth on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.