KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:20 pm Post

Thanks again all! :D

Jot
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:57 pm Post

Keith, congratulations and thank you for all your hard work on Scrivener!

I'm now the happy owner of an original Ver 1.0! Cool!
J

Wr
WriteMakesMight

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:57 pm Post

Scrivener is probably one of the most over-rated, over-hyped and over-priced pieces of writing software that has ever been created for the Mac.

And the masses of Scrivener adherents, like religious zealots, are being led lemming-like through the Red Sea, as Keith parts the waters therein.

Scrivener 1.0 . . . ptoooey!Image

(ya better look two posts down from this one before you bust a vein)
Last edited by WriteMakesMight on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and the lightening bug.
~ Mark Twain

Leigh

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm Post

Congratulations, Keith!

Got mine!

How's the novel coming, then? :wink:

Leigh

Wr
WriteMakesMight

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm Post

WriteMakesMight wrote:Scrivener is probably one of the most over-rated, over-hyped and over-priced pieces of writing software that has ever been created for the Mac.

And the masses of Scrivener adherents, like religious zealots, are being led lemming-like through the Red Sea, as Keith parts the waters therein.

Scrivener 1.0 . . . ptoooey!Image

(ya better see the next post)

Actually, I didn't want Keith's head to explode because of all the kudos he's been receiving for Scrivener so I wrote that last post . . . just to shake up the forum a bit.

I'll add my congrats and I heartily agree that Scrivener is a fine piece of writing software. It will help those of us who are published, publish more, and those of us who aren't, finally get published.

It's a wonderful piece of writing software, offered at a very fair price, by a supportive and talented man.

Thanks Keith.

-Barry
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and the lightening bug.

~ Mark Twain

St
Studio717

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:05 pm Post

Congrats, Keith! I've watch all the hard work you've put into this and knew it was going to be spectacular. You've done an amazing job.

And I'm now the proud owner of a Scrivener 1.0 license! :D

alexwein

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 pm Post

Just have time for a quick note. Haven't registered yet because I've been at a workshop all weekend. I'll be doing so, however, first thing tomorrow!!! Call me any kind of Scrivener zealot you want, yes, I do love this program. After a couple of years of trying every other program I could find, it was amazing to find Scr., I admit it. And it's still wonderful to rediscover it every day. I don't care who thinks me a Scr. fanatic. :)!! I'll also post more reviews where needed tomorrow. I look forward to it!

Congrats again, Keith! And now we want to hear about your progress on that novel!!!

Alexandria
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

Ma
Maria

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:16 am Post

del
Last edited by Maria on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ka
katzenjammer

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:26 am Post

All day it’s been annoying me that I can’t write about Scrivener without unleashing a torrent of superlatives; it’s simply ridiculous that I’m so smitten with this software - and yet: is it my fault that Keith has created the best digital writing environment I’ve ever experienced? Every morning, I am so thrilled to sit down and set to work in such a wonderfully flexible writing environment, one that adapts so finely to my own working methods, this little digital workshop of my own; and I am truly happy for Keith and amazed that he has so profoundly touched so many of his fellow writers.

So: is it my fault that Keith has reduced me to reach (helplessly, inarticulately) for superlatives?

I suspect we’re going to hear a lot more about and from our fearless developer. Anyone who has the discipline, intelligence, and creativity to bring Scrivener to light - who can inspire so much affection from so many people who have neither seen nor met him - is bound to write something of deep & lasting value.

Thank you Keith.

je
jean-louis

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:20 am Post

more than 1Gb reduced to ash today and replaced by Scrivener (15Mb):

Avenir
copyWrite
Curio
DEVONnote
DevonThink
EZNote X
Final Draft 7
Glass Writer
Hog Bay Notebook
Icalepin
iKnow & Manage
Inbox
iorganize
Jer's Novel Writer
journalX
Journler
macjournal
MoosePad
Mori
myNotes
Notae
NoteBook
NoteMind
NotePad Deluxe
ScenarioPro
Storyist
SuperNotecard
Ulysses
WriteitNow
WriteRoom
WritersCafe

not any regret
Thank you so much...

Le
Lee Thomson

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:24 am Post

jean-louis, you've just listed the contents of my application folder. Most of them I'd be happy to trash, but you'll have to pry MacJournal out of my cold dead hands!

Lord Lightning

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:33 am Post

Yes Lee, I agree. Macjournal is the perfect box of tricks a writer needs to store stuff that just goes into Scrivener when needed - project to project. It's also a great risk management storage house of everything in its raw state if it's ever needed. It's a conduit for everything that might be needed to write. I also use it to back up my Scrivener work because then the work on one project is available immediately for another project that I source from raw materials.

A lot of people use Devon Think in a somewhat similar way. So those two I would definitely save. All the rest, well jean-louis has done exactly what I've done. Goodness it feels good and very clarifying. I've even set Scrivener to open automatically now in System Preferences (Accounts) > Log-in Items.

So much hard disk space - its terrific.
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

je
jean-louis

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:08 am Post

Inquisition tribunal! I feel now like Gregory IX and his suppression of heresy... But after your glorious advocacy, MacJournal is rising like a Phoenix from the ashes... :twisted:

el
elzbeth

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:27 pm Post

YAY! I love Scrivener! So happy you took the time and trouble to develop it, and very, very happy it's now available for purchase! You deserve to reap the rewards!
~Elz

ca
cactus

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:46 pm Post

yippee -- I bought mine, too! :-)

By the way, were you going to submit Scrivener to the Apple download site? (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx)
That's where I usually look first for new apps and updates...

Thanks for a great piece of software -- I use Scrivener for both academic and fiction writing.

cactus