Scrivener 2.0 - Coming Soon (No, Really)

kf
kfw
Platform: Mac

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:08 pm Post

I got it, I got it - you can see me coming out of the store - holding the Scrivener 2.0 in my hands ...
...or at least I just bought a serial number :-)

It seems, that I have to wait for the 2.0 trial version to download and activate it. The website where I should get it - http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php - is 404.

Or is this the wrong URL in the invoice? Should it be ...scrivener.html ?

pe
pedrocm

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm Post

[quote="kfw"]

It seems, that I have to wait for the 2.0 trial version to download and activate it. The website where I should get it - http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php - is 404.

Or is this the wrong URL in the invoice? Should it be ...scrivener.html ?[/quote]

Same here.

hi
highlander

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 pm Post

Similar question: I own Scrivener 1, and want to upgrade, but that is not an option via the current trial link. How can I upgrade?

Cosmicjive
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm Post

Patience.

2.0 is not officially available yet. Based on Keith's most recent posts, it will go live in the next few hours, and then all will become clear.

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest that we all follow Keith's example and have some tea...

EDIT: It looks like the ability to purchase 2.0 is live (the "Buy" button in the preview version of the app is working), but the download of the release version itself is still unavailable. I recommend waiting until the "Buy Now" button on the website is activated.

To answer the question of the guy who asked how you upgrade: Once everything goes live, you will just click the "Buy Now" button which will take you to the online store. Then if you look carefully you will see a link that says "owners of 1.x click here to upgrade," or something similar.
Last edited by Cosmicjive on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrumpkin

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:16 pm Post

Skallgrim,

It's not daylight savings time, yet. It's next week I believe. No?

shrumpkin

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:18 pm Post

Is this an English thing? Because I've noticed that the time is exactly one hour earlier than the real time here. In the States, daylight savings time doesn't go into effect till next week.

ep
epo

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 pm Post

[quote="shrumpkin"]Is this an English thing? Because I've noticed that the time is exactly one hour earlier than the real time here. In the States, daylight savings time doesn't go into effect till next week.[/quote]

Yeah, the UK changed early on Sunday. Up here in Scotland it is officially winter.

ho
hodderauthor

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm Post

Yes, shrumpkin, this is an English thing - our clocks went back an hour on Sunday 31st October, therefore, we've had to wait an extra hour longer to get our hands on Scrivener 2! :-)

rahar

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 pm Post

[quote="J Forest Allen"]
EDIT: It looks like the ability to purchase 2.0 is live (the "Buy" button in the preview version of the app is working), but the download of the release version itself is still unavailable. I recommend waiting until the "Buy Now" button on the website is activated.

To answer the question of the guy who asked how you upgrade: Once everything goes live, you will just click the "Buy Now" button which will take you to the online store. Then if you look carefully you will see a link that says "owners of 1.x click here to upgrade," or something similar.[/quote]

The "buy button" has now been updated, apparently. The buying options now read "Scrivener 2.0 for Mac OS X", whereas they would read "1.5x" few hours ago. (right?)

The 2.0 dmg is still unavailable, though...

KB
Site Admin

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 pm Post

Please do not buy yet. We are in the process of updating and are being inundated with users who have bought 2.0 but cannot download yet. The links will be live later.

I've removed the store link from the main page but users are still coming to the store and buying, and we're getting lots of angry e-mails.

Apologies. We are working hard to get everything ready, but I had to make the store live in order to test the update process.

We will let you know when it is ready. If you have already purchased, not a problem - you will be able to download Scrivener 2.0 and register it with the serial number you have bought in a few hours' time.

If you have not bought yet, please wait until the official announcement!

Thank you!
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 pm Post

So we should all go and send you an email about getting 2.0?

That was a joke.

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm Post

[quote="Jaysen"]So we should all go and send you an email about getting 2.0? That was a joke.[/quote]

Strange! I wonder why the word, 'keelhauling', springs to mind?
Fluff

Ja
Jana

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:13 pm Post

This is more exciting than waiting for Santa Claus. :)

Th
Thyrfing

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 pm Post

[quote="Jana"]This is more exciting than waiting for Santa Claus. :)[/quote]

Santa? Who is Santa? You mean Keith Claus, aren't you?

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm Post

[quote="Thyrfing"]You mean Keith Claus, aren't you?[/quote]
NO!! It`s KEVIN Claus! tch! tch! wot y` like?
Fluff