Scrivener 1.50 available; website updated

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 pm Post

Click on the button for the free trial. Don't worry, there is no difference between the trial version and the full version, save for what your existing serial number provides. It will become a full version once you drag it off of the DMG and run it. The DMG will also provide the extras installer you are looking for.

Perhaps this button should just say "Download"?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

dn
dnjnyc

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:49 pm Post

Fantastic -- it worked perfectly. Thank you, Amber!
D

Sc
ScrivFan

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:33 am Post

[quote="Wock"]Too bad I couldn't download the 1.5 update TWICE then combine them together and have version 3.0 (which doesn't exist).

Then I could be ahead of everyone!

:-)

Good to see 1.5 hit GM[/quote]

Good news! Yes you could! Somehow, you succeeded in downloading, installing and registering for version 3! Congratulations! The update cost you only $100 which puts you way ahead of me (although I'd gladly pay for version 3. 1.5 is phenomenal enough, for the moment, however - and didn't cost anything for the update - what luxury!).

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 am Post

Perhaps this button should just say "Download"?

Already ahead of you! I added an extra "Download Now" button yesterday. I initially changed it to "30-Day Free Trial" because I was aware that a number of users were buying without trying and then e-mailing me to ask, before they purchased, if they could do such and such. This made me think that a number of potential users missed that there was a trial available, so I wanted to make it more obvious. Unfortunately, in doing so, it stumped hundreds of existing users who had forgotten the trial and full version are the same thing. I have thus kept the trial button which takes the user through to the trial page with download button and newsletter sign-up, but also added a "Download Now" button on the main page that downloads the program directly.

All the best,
Keith

po
pooks

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:40 pm Post

[quote="KB"]Hi Zoe, just select "Check for Updates" from the Scrivener menu and it will walk you through the process. Or, just re-download and re-install from the main Scrivener product page. Let me know if you need more assistance!
All the best,
Keith[/quote]

Hi, Keith! I think that Scrivener automatically updated itself without me doing anything other than allowing it to. Does the fact that I no longer have "extras" confirm that? It appears from reading your info here that they need to be downloaded again.

Also, you state that it's best to download from the site, but in the above instructions you suggest "check for updates." Is one method superior to the other?

And finally, does this mean I now will have more than one version of Scrivener on my hard drive? If so, should I/can I delete one?

Thanks for the wonderful and ongoing work!

wr
wrtbks

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:43 am Post

Keith,

Just curious...with version 1.5 and all the changes did you also update the help files? I typically print it for off-line reference...just curious if I need to reprint with any v1.5 changes.

The update is outstanding by the way!

Cheers,

Scott

Eldritch

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 am Post

Woohoo, late to the party... as per usual, but this is a great surprise. Thanks Keith.

po
pooks

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 pm Post

[quote="pooks"][quote="KB"]Hi Zoe, just select "Check for Updates" from the Scrivener menu and it will walk you through the process. Or, just re-download and re-install from the main Scrivener product page. Let me know if you need more assistance!
All the best,
Keith[/quote]

Hi, Keith! I think that Scrivener automatically updated itself without me doing anything other than allowing it to. Does the fact that I no longer have "extras" confirm that? It appears from reading your info here that they need to be downloaded again.

Also, you state that it's best to download from the site, but in the above instructions you suggest "check for updates." Is one method superior to the other?

And finally, does this mean I now will have more than one version of Scrivener on my hard drive? If so, should I/can I delete one?

Thanks for the wonderful and ongoing work![/quote]

I find myself still unable to figure out the "extras" issue, since mine disappeared. I know I have 1.5 and that it upgraded automatically, but I don't know whether I need to download more to get the extras back.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

re
refusion

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:45 am Post

**YAWN** I'm not impressed. Waiting for you add 'Write me a #1 best-seller' A.I. function...

Just kidding! I'm glad I stopped by today and happened to catch the announcement for 1.51. I'll download it tonight when I get home. I've got a four-day holiday starting tomorrow and hoping to get some serious writing done!

Great stuff, Keith! Thanks!