Scrivener Wiki

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:01 pm Post

What's captcha approval? Tell me what I need to do to avoid this in future and I shall do it! Thanks AmberV for sorting it out.
All the best,
Keith

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:03 am Post

Captchas are those semi annoying hard to read gifs that you have to manage to enter correctly to post.

Depending on what wiki you are using you probably need to just add a module and enable it.

Wock

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:17 pm Post

What is Captcha?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Here Keith this may help you add Captcha to the Scrivener Wiki.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit

KB
Site Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 pm Post

Thanks, Wock. I see it got spammed again today - I hate these guys. I've just added the Captcha you pointed out; hopefully that will help things.

All the best,
Keith

robertdguthrie

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm Post

Would it be a good idea to start a page for features planned for 2.0? Maybe another for feature requests and Keith's answers (with links to the relevant forum posts)?

KB
Site Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 pm Post

The 2.0 features haven't been announced yet. :) They'll go on the main site next spring (northern hemisphere time) when they become official.

A feature requests page with answers would be a good idea, and anyone is welcome to add that. The idea of the wiki is that it can be user-driven - anyone can add to it and edit it. I just add the answers to common questions to it from time to time, mainly so I can provide a link to the answer in an e-mail rather than type it out again. :)

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

robertdguthrie

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm Post

[quote="KB"]The 2.0 features haven't been announced yet. :) They'll go on the main site next spring (northern hemisphere time) when they become official.
Keith[/quote]

Right, I was thinking of those features which you've said "Yeah, that'll be in version 2.0" as a response to feature requests. We're on the same page, just using different fonts. Or maybe some other, better metaphor, "that's what I was saying!"

Thanks! I'll get started right away, meaning as soon as NaNoWriMo is done, and I've had time to recover.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 pm Post

robertdguthrie wrote:Thanks! I'll get started right away, meaning as soon as NaNoWriMo is done, and I've had time to recover.

We'll see you in March, then?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles