The status of the next update and 2.0

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 am Post

Young Mr/MS jdb41,
Welcome aboard, the Good Ship Scrivener. Kevin, is a philosopher, too, he has to be to endure, believe me.
Cats and philosophers tend to see life from perspectives less utilised by ordinary humans.

I`m sure Plato would have Socrates ask young anusanus, "Anusanus, there are 4640 crew members aboard Scrivener. Where would we be, if all 4640 of us were clamouring for this or that micro-mini tweak to Scriv 1x, before having to re-mortgage the family pile, in order to raise the £10 cost of Scriv 2.0 upgrade? The world doesn`t revolve around you, anusanus, most of humanity knows it revolves around vic-k."

All university students (and lord knows, how many of the other subspecies), spend multiples of £10s every week, on substance abuse of one kind or another.
Take care
Fluff

Wi
William
Platform: Mac

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm Post

Fluff, many thanks for explaining DDAA - my question: if DDAA means "doesn't deserve an answer" what is an appropriate abbreviation for "does deserve an answer?"

respectfully from below decks
william

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:13 pm Post

DDAA obviously.

This is the net. Obfuscation and unclarity are the standards by which we communicate. Any attempts to undo that which is done will be met with dismissive derision and debasement directed at your personage. Or not. Who knows. This is the net.

Jaysen

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:14 pm Post

DDAA obviously.

This is the net. Obfuscation and unclarity are the standards by which we communicate. Any attempts to undo that which is done will be met with dismissive derision and debasement directed at your personage. Or not. Who knows. This is the net.

Fluff

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm Post

Young Mr Jaysen,
What was that point again?

Young Mr william,
You`re welcome.☺ However, until someone with a brain, enables BBCode, I would suggest, that for 'Does des...' we attach this little fellah☺ For, 'Doesn`t des...' we use this misery ☹

Take care
Fluff

Wi
William

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:44 pm Post

Excellent! I'm glad we've cleared that up.

william

Jaysen

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:52 pm Post

The standard programatic negation is one of two options: ! or -.

So I would suggest the following for negating DDAA-- !DDAA or -DDAA

But then what do i know?

Fluff

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:58 pm Post

[quote="Jaysen"]The standard programatic negation is one of two options: ! or -. So I would suggest the following for negating DDAA-- !DDAA or -DDAA But then what do i know?[/quote]

Mr Jaysen, may I suggest a quiet room, and a cold compress to the fevered brow (if you can remember wher you`ve left it).
Do take care
Fluff

xiamenese

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 pm Post

I was wondering which of the scrivenistos/scrivenistas from Stockport would pick up on the Great Shane's moniker, though "sh ..."

PJ
PJS

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm Post

William: "if DDAA means "doesn't deserve an answer" what is an appropriate abbreviation for "does deserve an answer?"

If a post deserves an answer, the appropriate thing to do is to answer it, obviating the need for an abbreviation.

... or not, depending upon the vigor, accuracy, beauty, style, tone, clarity, and overall goodness of that answer.

I suppose.

ps

Fluff

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm Post

Mr mark,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUZuVZWHkk
Salford. Vic-k`s old stomping ground
Fluff

xiamenese

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 pm Post

[quote="Fluff"]Mr mark,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUZuVZWHkk
Salford. Vic-k`s old stomping ground
Fluff[/quote]
Dear Fluff,

I would love to watch it, but I'm afraid that the internet people here in the land of silk think it would be morally damaging for me to do anything of the sort ... so I'm afraid I have to take it on trust.

Mark

Jaysen

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm Post

Consider the source of the recommendation to view the video. I think the "internet people" there are probably correct.

Wock

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm Post

To rename a project in 1.5.x Use the backup feature (alternative to Save As).

But in all reality with all the changes we have gleaned from comments made by Keith & Co about 2.0 it just makes sense to upgrade as many things have been changed or improved (Keith mentions many changes under the hood which that alone makes sense to upgrade). So since about everyone is going to pay to upgrade to 2.0 the "Save As" feature is just a small bonus compared to all of the other improvements made not only to the interface (like that screen shot keith) but as well as all of the coding changed under the hood so the discussion about "Save As" is moot in my opinion. You are going to upgrade anyway.

I would assume the reason why not much information has been released about 2.0 is the simple fact it is still in Beta. Keith would not want to mention a feature this early on and then if that feature was not working as intended and he had to take it out before release then some person would probably come on the forums and complain about the mentioned feature "missing".

Patience is best. Let us wait until Beta is over and Keith is assured everything is working as he intends then I am sure he will start to release information and screen shots of 2.0 and all of its new nifty features.

PS: I am really amazed at how far Keith has taken SCR since SCR Gold. I am sure 2.0 will be well worth the wait!

Cadence

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm Post

Sheesh. Just let me pay already. I want Scriv 2. Bad. I can't handle the truth! I mean, the WAIT. I can't handle the [EDITED] wait! And ain't Jack [EDITED] cool. Okay, I think I'm finally [EDITED!] losing it. Somebody shoot me. Hey I mean the [EDITED!!! By George, woman, what were you thinking?] tranq gun, not the one chock full of buckshot!