The status of the next update and 2.0

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 pm Post

tmanasa wrote:Will we be able to install 2.0 along side 1.54? I'd like to start out like that because of the project I'm currently working on.

Yes, it will be possible to work that way as the new version will use its own preference files, however there will be a few caveats to watch out for, particularly in the realm of Services, QuickLook, and Scrivener's support files, like project templates and such. Nothing major, but you'll experience a few quirks here and there that either introduce confusion or make the system a little quirky. I've been using the 2.0 test build alongside 1.x for quite a long while now as I still need the latter for support, so it is definitely doable; you will want to transition as soon as possible though---if not just to get rid of the quirks, but because I think you'll find it worth updating your projects and continuing your work in 2.0 as soon as you are comfortable with it---which shouldn't take too long. Even though it has a lot of new stuff, it looks and feels just like the Scrivener you are already used to.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

bargonzo
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 am Post

Not to seem greedy, but I've been trying out Scrivener for the 30 day free trial and am about ready to pull the trigger on purchasing--but I see there's an upgrade coming soon. Am I within the "free upgrade" window at this point?

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 am Post

Although I have yet to announce so officially, I think it's fair to say that yes, you are in the free upgrade window now. :)

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 pm Post

Verily I say unto you: reverberations shall be felt around the globe☺
Wot say you all?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5w30uK ... re=related

tm
tmanasa

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 pm Post

Will we see tutorial vids along with this release?

Any teasers?

;-)

JR
JRP

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 pm Post

I'm anticipating something akin to Apple on the big announcement day: Keith, David and Ioa working feverishly in the early morning hours, me waking up in America at an appropriately slacker hour, clicking onto L&L and finding that glorious message: Literature and Latte is brewing Scrivener 2.0 blend. We will be serving in 5,4,3,2....

Wock

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:01 pm Post

I am expecting the forums to collapse due to an unexpected high volume of traffic once the news is released.

This may be the most awaited Software Upgrade in the History of man.

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm Post

[quote="Wock"]n the History of man.[/quote]
SEXIST!!☹

Fluff

An
AndreasE

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:26 pm Post

[quote="Wock"]I am expecting the forums to collapse due to an unexpected high volume of traffic once the news is released.

This may be the most awaited Software Upgrade in the History of man.[/quote]

At least in the history of WRITERS.

Mi
Mitchell

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 am Post

Which news agencies and channels will be covering the press conference live? Reuters, BBC, CNN, Fox?

Cadence

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:52 am Post

[quote="Mitchell"]Which news agencies and channels will be covering the press conference live? Reuters, BBC, CNN, Fox?[/quote]

They could tell us, but then they'd have to kill us.

kewms

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 am Post

The Atlantic, at least, will probably cover it. James Fallows is a big fan. (And has also done a number of posts on Scrivener syncing lately. http://www.theatlantic.com/science/arch ... ner/62705/)

Katherine

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 am Post

[quote="JRP"]I'm anticipating something akin to Apple on the big announcement day: Keith, David and Ioa working feverishly in the early morning hours, me waking up in America at an appropriately slacker hour, clicking onto L&L and finding that glorious message: Literature and Latte is brewing Scrivener 2.0 blend. We will be serving in 5,4,3,2....[/quote]

Will Keith's keynote address be invite-only? Or can us mere plebs come along for photo opportunities, meaningless tweets and the forlorn hope of being seen on-camera in a brief audience shot of the broadcast? As long as it is streamed live... ;)

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am Post

...and all the lower order humans, crawling over one another, just to get a touch of the deitised Kevin`s flowing robes.
Fluff

tm
tmanasa

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:22 pm Post

I'm as much a Scriviner lover as anyone else here, and while I can't wait for 2.0, I realize I haven't the slightest idea as to what features/changes to expect from it!

I looked through many threads and found sparse info on the topic.

What can we expect from the big 2.0?