Introducing Mr Johnson (the shadowy "DMJ")

alexwein
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:15 pm Post

[quote="vic-k"][quote="alexwein"]Smacking down that puppy is WAY too tempting! Hmmmm, that maybe didn't come out just right....[/quote]
AAhhh...Cherie,
It came out just the way I imagine it
Grrr
Le D[/quote]

Ha! I'll bet it did!! ;-)!!!!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 pm Post

Alexandria!!
Wallowing up to your neck, in the mire of licentious innuendo and turpitude, with no less a depraved personage than Le D ☹

To whom can we now turn to be our Modesty&Decorum standard bearer.

I shall have to approach Pink. Good lawd, the choice is stark!

I am perturbed
Fluff

alexwein

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:51 pm Post

[quote="vic-k"]Alexandria!!
Wallowing up to your neck, in the mire of licentious innuendo and turpitude, with no less a depraved personage than Le D ☹

To whom can we now turn to be our Modesty&Decorum standard bearer.

I shall have to approach Pink. Good lawd, the choice is stark!

I am perturbed
Fluff[/quote]

Sorry, Fluff, didn't mean to ruffle your, ah, fur! I would hardly think a little bitty wink at LD would qualify as being mired in licentiousness. I was merely acknowledging LD's own rather lewd comments were to be expected, that's all.

You're such a cute little pup when you are perturbed, btw...

Alexandria

vic-k

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:51 pm Post

[quote="alexwein"]You're such a cute little pup when you are perturbed, btw...[/quote]

Kitten!
Attachments
Photo 42.jpg
Photo 42.jpg (70.61 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

Jaysen

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 pm Post

[quote="vic-k"]Kitten![/quote]
Fluff,

Snort, Daughtditor, little boy, Reepicheep, and Brutis feel that the picture you supplied is … less flattering than it could be. They request a better photo.

I disagree with them, but that is normal.

vic-k

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:09 pm Post

one I made earlier
Attachments
Photo 18.jpg
Photo 18.jpg (71.16 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

Jaysen

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:16 am Post

Now they want to know when the swimsuit calendar will be available.

alexwein

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 pm Post

Oh, darn, I just can't keep it all straight. You have to understand, Fluff, that the picture of the three-legged dog is enough to confuse anyone! Yes, you are a cute KITTEN. A very cute kitten. My deepest apologies.

(Let's all just keep pretending we don't know it's all really vic-k with these personalities. I fear the consequences if we don't, and besides, it's weirdly fun!)

Alexandria

vic-k

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:06 pm Post

[quote="alexwein"]Let's all just keep pretending we don't know it's all really vic-k with these personalities.[/quote]

Ahh,Chérie, mon amour,
Alas la furball, Fluff, is real. Why even now, she sulks because you called her a Pup. She mutters to herself, "iMac photographs me sat in front of it, surfing, and yet people believe I`m nothing more than a figment of Vic-k`s imagination. HE HASN`T GOT ANY IMAGINATION!! I`m real. Do I look like a dog!! MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW!!"

Chérie, she can be, how you say, bitchy. Oui? Non? Or is it catty! ☹
Slappa da Pup, Chérie☺
Le D

Mollys Mum

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:12 pm Post

Welcome, David. Love the avatar! (congrats, amber). As you can witness, it takes very little time for frivolity to triumph here. I have been AWOL these long months as Scrivener, which I kneel down and bless every single morning, is actually allowing me to write my novel quite successfully, in gratitude for which I have happily offered Keith my firstborn male child (an offer he has strangely demurred at--something to do perhaps with the fact that said offspring is six feet four and eats like a horse).

I suspect vic-k has been slipping Alex martinis on the sly, and that cat IS actually a dog in disguise. A very cute little pup, I have to admit.

More wine, please.

vic-k

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 am Post

[quote="alexwein"]and besides, it's weirdly fun!)[/quote]

[quote="Mollys Mum"]cat IS actually a dog in disguise. A very cute little pup, I have to admit.[/quote]
If you bimbos don`t get your act together, and stop calling me a dog, things will get weird...believe me!!

It`s about time this Johnson joker got his act together,too, and dumped all you off-topickers overboard!
Fluff
Attachments
cimicat_18478.jpg
cimicat_18478.jpg (2.58 KiB) Viewed 1140 times

Wock

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:21 pm Post

One must beware of the Dog with the alternate personality of a Cat Gone Wild. After all when he was in his "Fluffy" persona he immediately attacked the first dog he saw (in the mirror of course) and gnawed of his leg in maniacal glee.

Offer him Absinthe as a peace offering or shedding would be the least of your worries. Just ask Jaysen. :-)

mw
mwagner

Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 am Post

Can we keep this forum for actual *announcements*?

Every time I see a new post in this forum, I think, "Excellent! New information about the upcoming release of Scriv! Or perhaps even public beta! Outstanding!"

And then when it turns out to be nothing of that kind, I die just a little bit.

vic-k

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 am Post

Mitch,
If you do as I have just done, and click on, 'Announcements', you`ll find a long list of threads pertaining to an amazingly disparate collection of topics. Many of them concerning KB`s holidaying habits. Also prominently displayed are various threads devoted to the many iterations of Scrivener, past and present.

This thread, 'Introducing Mr Johnson (the shadowy "DMJ")', isn`t one of them. Your post...

[quote="mwagner"]Can we keep this forum for actual *announcements*?
Every time I see a new post in this forum, I think, "Excellent! New information about the upcoming release of Scriv! Or perhaps even public beta! Outstanding!"
And then when it turns out to be nothing of that kind, I die just a little bit.[/quote]

...is a case of Gross Off Topicking. Off Topicking is frowned upon, aboard Scrivener. It`s an offence for which we have extreme sanctions, not least amongst them: Vilification and castration( oops sorry!!), I meant of course castigation.

In order to avoid the consequences of invoking the crew`s ire, I would respectfully suggest you edit your post to reflect the general tone of the thread. That shouldn`t be too hard, as standards are quite low. Lighten up and join the bunch of happy idiots who reside here. If on the other hand, our company offends your sensibilities, just move to a thread more to your liking.
Take care
Vic ☺
PS: Just like you, most of us happy idiots are 'chomping at the bit', in gleeful anticipation of 1.5 in the New Year.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:26 am Post

Can we keep this forum for actual *announcements*?

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel disappointed by the nature of this thread, but David joining Literature & Latte is actually one of the biggest announcements I've made, up there with new Scrivener versions, in my eyes, even though users may prefer a new version. :) L&L going from a one-man company to a "team of two", with one person now able to work on sales and suchlike is both significant for us as a company and also good news for users of Scrivener, as it means that I'm no longer having to do everything myself and can concentrate on the code - such as the next update.

On that score, thank you to everyone who has made David feel welcome.

As for news about the next update - I wouldn't expect any until early next year. There is still a lot of work to do on it as it is a major revision.

All the best,
Keith