Scapple for Mac OS X Now Available!

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am Post

Hello all,

We are very pleased to announce that Scapple for OS X is now available for purchase for $14.99. A 30-day free trial is also available.

Scapple is Literature & Latte's new, easy-to-use tool for getting ideas down as quickly as possible and making connections between them. It isn’t exactly mind-mapping software--it’s more like a freeform text editor that allows you to make notes anywhere on the page and to connect them using straight dotted lines or arrows. If you’ve ever scribbled down ideas all over a piece of paper and drawn lines between related thoughts, then you already know what Scapple does.

Creating notes is as easy as double-clicking anywhere on the canvas and then typing; making connections between ideas is as painless as dragging and dropping one note onto another. Notes can be dragged from Scapple into Scrivener, too.

Scapple's product page can be found here:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scapple.php

Scapple is also available for purchase from the Mac App Store.

Please note that Scapple is only available for OS X at this time. We hope that it will be possible to port it to other platforms--such as Windows and iOS--in the future, but it depends on how well it does. (Besides which, our iOS development resources are all currently focused on Scrivener, and our Windows resources on getting Scrivener for Windows up to speed with the Mac version.)

Happy scappling!

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

je
jennydiski

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm Post

Congratulations. It's wonderful. Thanks so much.

Jenny

Juddbert

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm Post

Excellent app Keith, and so nice to wave goodbye to that beta notice. Well done!

xiamenese

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 am Post

Congratulations, Keith. Although I haven't found much use for it yet, nevertheless I have always had whatever version was current installed on both my machines. I have just purchased ... although I guess I qualify for an educational discount, on the one hand that status is only for a couple of months more and on the other, you deserve the reward for all your hard work, so I bought the full licence.

Mark

Movie Draft
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 am Post

Wow. Keith this looks like just what I've been looking for (without me knowing I was looking for it until seeing it) to jot down my "next big thing"! Excellent. This is _exactly_ how I jot things down on paper so can't wait to buy a copy when I'm back on my laptop and not writing in forums at 3am on my iPad due to insomnia.

Top stuff!

All the best,

Mark.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am Post

You can draw faces with it, too. ;-)) If I had a brain to map, I'd buy it...no messin'
Vic

je
jennydiski

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 am Post

Hi, want to install Scapple on another computer. I can't find the receipt with my licence key on it. How do I retrieve it, please? Thanks. Jenny

KB
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 am Post

Hi Jenny,

You should be able to retrieve it here:

https://store.esellerate.net/store/support/Default.aspx

It not, drop us a line at scapple AT literatureandlatte.com and we'll look it up for you.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

je
jennydiski

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 am Post

Got it. Thanks, and congratulations again.

sf
sfgeorgia

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm Post

I don't know how you do it... I have huge pieces of paper all over my wall.... with circles and squares and colours and dots and lines and triangles and squiggles and never thought that I would be able to do this on a computer.... 10 minutes with scapple.... it is all possible.... AND I can delete lines and squiggles easily ...

Thank you thank you

KB
Site Admin

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am Post

Glad you like it!

Balatro

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 am Post

Scrapple indeed looks like a great app! I'm a big fan of Scrivener and Scrapple seems like a nice tool as well.

The...mmm..interesting aspect for me is that in my region it has different connotations. In the Pennsylvania tri-state area it's also a meat product made from spiced pork and cornmeal.

The upside is I'm a big fan of scrapple as well so I imagine using the prior will give me cravings for the latter. :)

As always, thanks so much for the brilliant work!

KB
Site Admin

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 am Post

Scrapple has those connotations, but that's not the program's name - you added an "r". :)

Glad you're liking it!

All the best,
Keith

Balatro

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 pm Post

LOL. How the heck did I do that...wish fulfillment, perhaps. :)

[quote="KB"][i]Scrapple[/i] has those connotations, but that's not the program's name - you added an "r". :)

Glad you're liking it!

All the best,
Keith[/quote]

KB
Site Admin

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm Post

You're not the first, don't worry! :)
All the best,
Keith