Scrivener 2.3.1 is now available as a free update for registered users of Scrivener 2.x who purchased directly from our site (or from a reseller that sells serial numbers such as Amazon.com). We're still trying to clear issues with Apple regarding the Mac App Store version, but hopefully we should get an update up on there soon(ish) too.
Scrivener 2.3.1 mainly adds Mountain Lion support and fixes a few minor bugs that cropped up with 2.3. It is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2, and we recommend that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using. Updates and fixes include:
- Fully Mountain-Lion compatible, including support for GateKeeper.
- Share your daily session achievements via Twitter using the new icon in Project Targets (Mountain Lion only).
- Use Quick Look gestures (three-finger taps by default) on the binder, outliner, synopsis search results or references lists to bring up a QuickReference or QuickLook panel (Mountain Lion only).
- On Mountain Lion, target notifications use Notification Center if Growl is not installed.
- The $@ tag can now be used more than once in custom Compile replacements.
- Various fixes to the new .doc and .docx importers/exporters, including fixes to bugs that could cause the right margin to be too far to the right in exported documents and that could cause imported text to appear in the Symbol font (and thus look Greek).
- Major improvements to the way line spacing works with images - I have worked around an old OS X text system bug that applies the line height multiple to the size of images, causing huge spaces above images. As a result of these fixes, inline MathType equations now look much better, too.
- Other minor refinements and bug-fixes.
You can find a full list of changes here:
To download Scrivener 2.3.1, follow the instructions below - please note that the instructions differ depending on whether you bought directly from our site or from the Mac App Store.
#### 1. UPDATING TO 2.3.1 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM OUR SITE ####
- Select "Check for Updates..." from the Scrivener menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... atform=mac and click on "Download for Mac" to download and re-install Scrivener. (Note that there are now two downloads - one for systems running OS X 10.6 and later, and another for older systems. Both versions of Scrivener have all the same features, but only the 10.6+ version supports GateKeeper on Mountain Lion and it makes use of some newer technologies internally.)
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
#### 2. UPDATING TO 2.3.1 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
- Open up the Mac App Store.
- Click on the "Updates" button in the toolbar.
- You should see Scrivener listed with an "UPDATE" button next to it. Just click on "UPDATE" to update to Scrivener 2.3.1.
Please note that if you downloaded Scrivener from our site while you were waiting for 2.3.1 to become available on the Mac App Store, you will need to move it to your Trash and instead of the above steps choose "Purchases" from the Mac App Store toolbar and install Scrivener from there.
All the best,