Welcome about to our new support team members!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm Post

pigfender wrote: "Lunacy!"
Don't y' mean Lucy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

Cosmicjive

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 pm Post

Hello all!

I've already introduced myself over on this post <http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17841>, because it looked like a mob was gathering over at ye olde pitchfork and torch emporium, and I needed to do something quick. For your convenience, I'll repost that here:

[quote="Cosmicjive"]

Okay, clearly I need to say something before the rest of you discover that I'm a backson come to put holes in your socks...

My name is Jeff, and I have a background in technical support. I'm also a software developer, writer, actor, bad dancer, and occasional zombie. By happy coincidence, these are also the prerequisites for working at L&L.

I am unfamiliar to most of you because until now I have always preferred to lurk in the shadows. As such, Keith put me through a rigorous trial to prove that I was up to the task. Evidently I passed, because he has now brought me on board. I'm not suppose to say exactly what the test involved, but when I close my eyes, I swear I can still feel the charred flesh dropping off my hand. I must not fear.

I began fiddling with Scrivener in early 2009 and immediately became completely enamored with the product. A little too enamored (my fiance has had words with me). When I heard that there might be an opportunity to work with these amazing people, I had to jump at the chance.

Oh, wait. I already got the job. I don't need to suck up anymore.

It was the money.

[/quote]

Now, onto new business. There has been some speculation about my age. All I will say is that your fearless leader Keith and I could have been in the same class in school -- aside from the fact that we were on different sides of the planet. And my dear Floss, while I very much enjoy David Lynch's fine film, I've also read Dune. This is a writer's forum, after all ;)

As for the warnings about the ladies, well, I'm afraid I'm taken. Or at least I will be. In 78 days. I think I need a drink.

-Jeff

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm Post

Cosmicjive wrote:Now, onto new business. There has been some speculation about my age. All I will say is that your fearless leader Keith and I could have been in the same class in school -- aside from the fact that we were on different sides of the planet.

Blimey - and you still have the [zombie] dance moves! :)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm Post

KB,

1. You are officially banned from starting any threads. You break BBCode for anyone who is not you.
2. Why do you think they are "zombie" dance moves? Imagine what they were before!

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm Post

JEFF SAID: "All I will say is that your fearless leader Keith and I could have been in the same class in school -- aside from the fact that we were on different sides of the planet."

would that be when he was studying, or teaching?

:D

Cosmicjive

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:23 pm Post

[quote="pigfender"]
would that be when he was studying, or teaching?
[/quote]

I was thinking when he was finger-painting.

-Jeff

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:49 pm Post

Young Jeffrey wrote:
"All I will say is that y-o-u-r fearless leader Keith and I..."

Rather telling, don't you think...that, young Jeffrey, refers to, young Kevin, as Y-O-U-R leader, and not...our leader...?!!! P'rhaps he is an Alien, after all, and not one of us at all.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:53 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Why do you think they are "zombie" dance moves? Imagine what they were before!

Well, let's just say that one of the reasons Jeff got the job was that along with his CV he provided video evidence of himself dancing to Thriller. :)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 pm Post

I believe *that* needs to be posted in the "who we are" section.

MimeticMouton

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:21 pm Post

Fluff wrote:young Jeffrey, refers to, young Kevin, as Y-O-U-R leader, and not...our leader...?!!! P'rhaps he is an Alien, after all, and not one of us at all.

Whoever heard of a cat having a leader?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 pm Post

Little Lamb wrote:
"Whoever heard of a cat having a Leader?"

Dear Little Woolly-Pully,
All cats have 'Leaders', as and when we want them. Gullible humans all, without exception. There are times when we may have multiple Leaders, often, in opposing camps. As long as they can meet a need, we let them role play.
However, in this case, expediency dictates that I ally myself with the human element aboard Scrivener, in order to make the, a) the statement... 'as Y-O-U-R leader, and not...our leader...?!!!'...and b)accusations of Alien-ism.<---that's a Fluffism:-)
Fluff

kewms

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:28 am Post

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I figure I spend so much time here I ought to get *something* out of it. :-)

Katherine

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am Post

Is that... an Hattori Hanzō blade?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

garpu
Platform: Linux

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:05 am Post

Occasional zombie...does this mean you go munching on brains when the coffee gets too low?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:18 am Post

Mmm, excellent source of peptides.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles