Welcome to our new team member - our iOS developer

Redfox
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 am Post

[quote="spankybus"]
To that point, Some of the previous posts in this thread mention that the writing components may not be as robust as some other iPAd apps. So, my next question is how do you guys envision iPad users will employ Scrivener into their workflow. Do you see us writing in quickoffice or pages and importing those documents into scrivener for organization and project management? How easily will the work from iScriv import to the PC/Mac versions for final manuscript compiling, or will the iPad version be able to handle that?[/quote]

Personally I envisage starting my projects off in Scrivener for OSX and then syncing to my iPad for working on the move. I've been using Scrivener since 2007 and don't use a word-processor at all any more, except for checking my publishers' copyedits. Why would you, when Scriv is a perfect writing environment all by itself? :)

At the moment I use Notebooks and Dropbox to sync my iPad with Scrivener, but it's not perfect because you can only sync as plain text (and AFAIK it's Mac-only).

[quote="spankybus"]
Forgive me for asking so many questions on my first post, just really looking forward to this project. I have a project that I wish to start soon and was swondering if I should wait a bit for your App to publish or if it will be a while. I am on the go a lot so I really have to write on the iPad. Really excited about this app.[/quote]

I wouldn't wait if I were you. There's no guarantee the app will be out this year - though I very much hope it is, as I have a new project waiting in the wings. It would be so cool to have it in time for NaNoWriMo!

Pr
Prohorenkov
Platform: Mac

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 am Post

I will use Scrivener + Dropbox for text editing and writing new chapters. I'm very important! I can not wait for the Scrivener for iPad... :(

Foxtrot

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am Post

[quote="Prohorenkov"]I will use Scrivener + Dropbox for text editing and writing new chapters. I'm very important! I can not wait for the Scrivener for iPad... :([/quote]

Why are you very important?

Pr
Prohorenkov

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 pm Post

I write in the road.
Last edited by Prohorenkov on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm Post

[attachment=0]untitled.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm Post

[quote="Foxtrot"]Why are you very important?[/quote]

Foxy, Prohorenkov is very special, because his posts don't even register. So far, his number of post shows 0
Weird or wot?
vic

sp
spankybus
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 pm Post

[quote="pigfender"][attachment=0]untitled.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Priceless, lol!

th
thepennedartist

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:51 pm Post

I am looking forward to an iOS version of Scrivener. I travel for my day job and would love to be able to use Scrivener on my iPad. Personally, I would love to have it replicate the program as much as possible since I would like to be able to work "normally" when traveling without having to spend time updating my home version with anything I write on the go. Saying that, I would love for it to be able to automatically sync between the versions using Dropbox and/or iCloud (though I have to date found Dropbox more reliable).

I'm recognize the enormity of the task, so even getting a scaled down version that has the binders, word processing capabilities, and some form of automatic syncing (without all the other bells and whistles in Scrivener) would be nice.