Scrivener 1.0 for Windows Now Available

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:20 pm Post

Hi all,

The wait is over! Scrivener 1.0 for Windows is now available for download and purchase. Please see the product page here:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... atform=win

Thanks to everyone for showing such an interest in Scrivener for Windows over the past few years, and an especially big thanks to all the beta testers who have helped us improve Scrivener for Windows.

1.0 is just the beginning - there are plenty of free 1.x updates in the works for the next few months. We hope you like it; and we really hope that Scrivener proves to be the writing tool of choice for you, and that we'll see you around the forums.

It probably sounds a little self-indulgent to thank the team here, but I have to: thanks to Lee, Ian, Jennifer and Ioa for working their backsides off to get the code done, the templates sorted, and the website and manual together. (And thanks to David and Julia too, for all the other stuff!)

All the best,
Keith

P.S. Bestselling author David Hewson (who is currently working on novelisations of the Danish crime drama The Killing) has updated his popular ebook, "Writing a Novel with Scrivener", to cover the Windows version too. More information can be found here: http://www.davidhewson.com/blog/2011/11 ... w-out.html
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Cosmicjive
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm Post

I have to say, I'm really impressed with how far the Windows version has come since the first beta a year ago. Congratulations to Lee and his team, they did an excellent job.

Ca
Catsmad
Platform: Windows

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm Post

Congratulations on getting version 1.0 out in time for Christmas. All right, I admit it, the doubts were creeping in. But as promised I bought it today and it feels great to have the full product in my grubby little hands at last, and at a price that is almost laughable compared to the big boys products. (They know who they are). I have used the program daily since downloading for the first time last February and I know, for me anyway, there will be no going back to anything else. Great work gang and all power to you for the future.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm Post

WELL DONE!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY
Good Luck with Sciverner f' Windows :-)
Vic
Attachments
Congrats!!.jpg
Congrats!!.jpg (14.73 KiB) Viewed 2384 times

ro
robertel

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:21 am Post

YES, A GOOD PRODUCT. Thanks for showing and helping starting writers for this great tool.
And Good luck.

vi
vientorose

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 am Post

I ♥ Scrivener.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 am Post

Now that we're at 1.0 again, Vic-K, that tutorial for the tutorial of the tutorial might be more plausible. 8)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am Post

[quote="AmberV"]Now that we're at 1.0 again, Vic-K, that tutorial for the tutorial of the tutorial might be more plausible. 8)[/quote]

You're evil and taunting! Laying plausibility traps for the 'Hopeful anticipationists' onboard Scriv. I'll probably need to learn Australian to make sense of it. It'll be written in some obscure Abbo dialect/patois.

I ain't holding my breath!

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 am Post

[quote]Now that we're at 1.0 again, Vic-K, that tutorial for the tutorial of the tutorial might be more plausible.[/quote]

That could set up an infinite procrastination loop nicely.

Ca
CarolinaConsidered

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:33 pm Post

Bought 1.0 as soon as it was available. After becoming dependent upon the beta with a few months use. How often do we use a beta that we look forward to paying for! Great work, folks.

Ba
Babs

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:36 pm Post

Imagine my surprise when I open Scrivener (I use the beta quite often) and saw the software has gone live. Yay! This is fantastic. I'm so happy for you guys. You have developed a wonderful tool. I love Scrivener. Congratulations.

Wi
Wirebird

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 am Post

This is such amazing news to me. I was using Scrivener before on my Mac, but when it died I had to switch to PC. The only software that I really missed was Scrivener, and now I've just found out that there is a Windows version! Much love to you guys for making this, will purchase immediately when the trial expires :P