Scrivener 1.03 now available!

Leigh
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 pm Post

Keith, this is great, but you're supposed to be writing your novel.

There's only space for one in the procrastination cupboard, and I ain't coming out...so, get on with it.

:wink:

Leigh

Kh
Khadrelt
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:31 pm Post

I just have one small request...

I demand that Scrivener do everything every application ever written can do - oh, and bring about world peace and all that jazz, too.

And it has to be under 1 MB. Just for fun.

Seriously, though, I don't see how anyone could possibly have anything negative to say about Scrivener. This is absolutely my pick for the 'Best Software I Ever Bought' award.

ti
tim

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:15 pm Post

I know you're not here to read this, Keith. But I wanted to thank you for 103.
It's addressed all the issues in 102 that I noticed. Quick work, much appreciated!

Tim
In theory, there's no difference
between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Yogi Berra

Cl
Clea

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:30 pm Post

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I may not be very active on the forum but I am incredibly grateful. Scrivener is great and it keep getting better (in fact, it keeps getting better in ways I never thought it could!)

ba
bashosfrog

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:50 am Post

KB, Scrivener is the best result of procrastination I've ever seen. If this is what it takes not to write your novel, carry on. It's all legitimate, too - it's called (apparently) Structured Procrastination. See http://blog.pmarca.com/2007/06/the_pmarca_guid.html:

This is a great one.

This one is lifted straight from the genius mind of John Perry, a philosophy professor at Stanford.

Read his original description, by all means. You even get to see a photo of him practicing jumping rope with seaweed on a beach while work awaits. Outstanding.

The gist of Structured Procrastination is that you should never fight the tendency to procrastinate -- instead, you should use it to your advantage in order to get other things done.

Generally in the course of a day, there is something you have to do that you are not doing because you are procrastinating.

While you're procrastinating, just do lots of other stuff instead.

So procrastinate away - you're working at the top of your productivity form.

Matt